Stockhouse is a massive online community of investors who come to stockhouse.com for the latest investment information and opinion from markets around the world. We are the largest in Canada, but we have ambitious plans for viral growth, and we are looking for outstanding individuals who can push us to that next level.
If you join this vibrant team of enthusiastic and experienced professional developers, you will have the opportunity to:
• Build the viral online investment community of the future.
• Use leading edge technologies to create the go-to place for investors.
• Have the freedom to be creative and develop new skills.
• Analyze user activity and create a tailored experience by modelling user behaviour.
• Predict market sentiment by mining structured and unstructured data.
• Write high quality code using industry patterns and best practices.
• Deliver high scalability web based solutions to the millions of visitors to the Stockhouse site.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Implement new features in the Stockhouse system based on requirements gathered from Stockhouse staff and designed by our in-house UX designer.
• Develop state of the art web pages employing cutting edge technology while maintaining backward compatibility with older browsers.
• Build back-end services and infrastructure components based on architectural direction from the CTO.
• Participate in the agile development process by helping to groom stories, plan sprints and demonstrate new features.
• Perform thorough testing so that completed work is high quality code which meets all of the acceptance criteria.
• Exercise due care and attention with production systems.
• Work with the Quality Assurance team to ensure that only high quality code with zero defects gets pushed to the production system.
• Learn new technologies quickly and introduce these into the development stack with caution and due diligence.
• Research and evaluate technology that would bring value to the business
• Identify common problems and implement changes to make the business operate smoothly.
• Extensive technical knowledge of the Microsoft stack is essential.
• Must be very familiar with design patterns and best practices including SOLID + GRASP, Dependency Injection, Inversion of Control and Unit Testing.
• Significant experience with Microsoft ASP.Net, Microsoft MVC, nHibernate, Less, Git and other development tools, libraries and frameworks is expected.
• Knowledge of Kentico CMS is an advantage but not required.
• Demonstrate high levels of professionalism.
• Put business needs above personal goals or interests during work hours.
• Own issues and see things through to the end.
• Strive to improve the quality of the source code.
• Diligently execute company policies on security and privacy.
• Must have worked as a Senior Software Developer for at least five years.
• Must have worked on the .Net platform for a minimum of three years.
If this opportunity sounds like it's a good match with your skills, background and career direction, please send a cover letter and resume.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers