The Web Content Team helps us to make sure our customer-facing information is accessible, up-to-date and error free. Using CMS or coding skills and a keen eye for detail, the Web Content Team helps to identify areas of improvement for viff.org and the festival app, checks links and usability and helps to smoothly roll out updates from the website launch until the end of the festival. Volunteers can work remotely in this position.
This role is good for someone who:
• Has significant experience using content management systems
• Is able to use Browser Dev tools to identify problem code
• Understands HTML and CSS
• Has strong written English language skills
• Is a confident communicator
• Has a keen eye for typographical errors
• Has a home computer or laptop with reasonable specifications
• Has access to an Android or iOS smartphone for app testing
• Has access to multiple browsers for web testing
• Is willing to download the Slack app, as this is how work will be shared
• Is willing to troubleshoot and work under instruction
• Is comfortable working in a team environment
• Would like to volunteer for VIFF but would prefer/need to do so from home
Schedule: September 5th – October 11th
Late night: No
Volunteer Commitment: Minimum of 4 shifts
Festival Volunteer Perks:
1 Volunteer Ticket Voucher for every shift you volunteer. Vouchers can be used in advance for any available festival screening. Vouchers are transferrable - so bring a friend!
A Volunteer Pass which can be used by you in the Volunteer Stand-by Line for certain screenings.
For volunteers who are 16 and 17, this pass allows you access to any classified films. Please note that under BC classification law, you must be 18 or older to view unclassified films.
One invitation to the VIFF Volunteer Appreciation Events.
Special offers, screenings, and promotions exclusive to volunteers.
An exclusive Festival Volunteer T-shirt.
After the festival, a letter of participation in our Volunteer Programme can be emailed upon request.