Ensures that the Virtual Reality Volunteer Team has the support, knowledge and tools required to succeed in their roles. Acts as a communication bridge between the exhibitors, staff and the volunteer team. In supporting the “Virtual Reality at VIFF” program, team members will engage with guests in helping them prepare for the immersive experiences at the multi-day exhibition. Tasks include helping people put on headsets, take the headsets off, clean headsets after each use, and manage queues and very basic technical management of headset technology.
The Virtual Reality Team Lead is responsible for ensuring that VIFF volunteers have the support, knowledge and tools required to succeed in their roles, for communicating team successes and challenges to VIFF staff, and for creating a fun working environment.
Leading the Team:
• In collaboration with VIFF staff, Checking in the volunteer team on shift, holding pre-shift briefings, assigning roles, and end of shift check out and voucher distribution.
• Set the example: When you are performing the task, ensure that you are setting the example that you would like other volunteers to follow
• Ensure that all members of your team have the tools that they require to succeed in their roles
• Observe team members and assist them with challenges as they occur
• Be in communication with VIFF staff regarding team successes, challenges and concerns
VR Exhibitions and Equipment:
• Assist VR team with headset set-up
• Experience with Virtual Reality an asset
• Troubleshoot headsets when they are not working
• Ensure equipment is charged as need be and left charging at the end of day.
• Ensure headsets are clean at all times
• Immediately report any headset issues to Exhibitors or VIFF staff
• Ensure any line-ups are supported and customers are greeted
• Communicate VIFF operational procedures and festival policies volunteers and to patrons as required
• Alert VIFF staff when customer service issues arise
• Be friendly, courteous, and welcoming!
Schedule: September 28th – October 2nd
Late night: No
Volunteer Commitment: Minimum of 10 shifts
Festival Volunteer Perks:
1 Volunteer Ticket Voucher for every shift you volunteer. Vouchers can be used in advance for any available festival screening. Vouchers are transferrable - so bring a friend!
A Volunteer Pass which can be used by you in the Volunteer Stand-by Line for certain screenings.
For volunteers who are 16 and 17, this pass allows you access to any classified films. Please note that under BC classification law, you must be 18 or older to view unclassified films.
One invitation to the VIFF Volunteer Appreciation Events.
Special offers, screenings, and promotions exclusive to volunteers.
An exclusive Festival Volunteer T-shirt.
After the festival, a letter of participation in our Volunteer Programme can be emailed upon request.
For more information, please email us at show contact info
, or apply on our website.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers