In supporting the “Virtual Reality at VIFF” program, team members will engage with guests in helping them prepare for the immersive experiences at the multi-day exhibition. Tasks include helping people prepare for their VR experience, removing and cleaning headsets after each use, managing queues, and very basic technical management of headset technology.
This role is good for someone who:
• Has strong customer service skills
• Is open-minded to learning about new technology
• Is comfortable with touch screen based mobile technology
• Has experience with Virtual Reality and Immersive content
• Pays attention to detail in ensuring that headsets are properly cleaned before the next guest
• Has patience with ensuring that headsets are properly put on the guest before starting the experience
Schedule: September 27th - October 4th
Late night: No
Volunteer Commitment: Minimum of 4 shifts
Vancouver International Film Festival Volunteer Perks:
1 Volunteer Ticket Voucher for every shift you volunteer. Vouchers can be used in advance for any available festival screening. Vouchers are transferrable - so bring a friend!
A Volunteer Pass which can be used by you in the Volunteer Stand-by Line for certain screenings.
For volunteers who are 16 and 17, this pass allows you access to any classified films. Please note that under BC classification law, you must be 18 or older to view unclassified films.
One invitation to the VIFF Volunteer Appreciation Events.
Special offers, screenings, and promotions exclusive to volunteers.
An exclusive Festival Volunteer T-shirt.
After the festival, a letter of participation in our Volunteer Programme can be emailed upon request.