QR Code Link to This Post
Are you interested in sharing knowledge with older adults on financial literacy and elder abuse prevention?
Seniors First BC (formerly B.C. Centre for Elder Advocacy and Support) reaches out to and informs older adults about financial literacy and elder abuse prevention through public education and outreach initiatives. We address various forms of financial abuse (frauds, scams, misuse of power of attorney and joint accounts), and raise awareness about the importance of building and maintaining community connections to combat elder abuse.
We are seeking volunteers to deliver 60- to 90-minute workshops. Volunteers will receive training on financial literacy and elder abuse prevention, and on workshop facilitation. We would like to hear from those who:
• have good spoken and written communication skills in English (additional languages an asset)
• have public speaking skills or experience
• have basic computer skills (Microsoft Office, Internet)
• are knowledgeable about and/or interested in learning more about elder abuse
• can attend periodic volunteer meetings and training
Volunteering for Seniors First BC provides an opportunity to learn about financial literacy and elder abuse prevention, develop workshop facilitation skills, meet great new people; and be part of the coordinated community strategy and response to prevent and end elder abuse and neglect. Ongoing support and recognition will be provided.