The South Granville Seniors Centre is looking for a friendly, dedicated piano player to accompany the South Granville Seniors Centre’s Amaryllis Singing Group. This group meets every Monday from 11:00AM to 12:00PM and covers a variety of genres including contemporary music, show tunes, and classic hits from movies and musicals.
QR Code Link to This Post
About the centre:
We are a non-profit seniors' centre located in the South Granville area that offers a variety of social, recreational, and wellness programs and services. The Amaryllis singing group is an important program that supports brain health, emotional well-being, and social participation among seniors in our community. Studies have shown that singing has many benefits for older adults, including increased mental acuity, memory skills, and improved mood.
• Advanced piano playing skills.
• A good understanding of music theory, including the ability to read music.
• Singing experience is an asset, but not necessary.
• Patience and understanding of the needs of older adults, and particularly individuals with dementia and mobility impairments.
Benefits & Recognition
• Gain experience in working with older adults in a non-profit environment.
• Have an opportunity to give back to the community in a meaningful way and positively influence the lives of seniors in our community.
• Receive all of the perks of being a volunteer at the South Granville Seniors Centre:
o Free refreshments on the day you volunteer.
o An opportunity to be a part of a beautiful, supportive and close-knit community of volunteers.
o Occasional free outings, volunteer training opportunities, and discounts on programs and services at the South Granville Seniors Centre.
o Volunteer appreciation event each February.
o Reference letters and certificates available for regular volunteers (after 3 months).
Deliverables / Duties
• Work effectively and cooperatively with singing group instructor and Centre members.
• Accompany singing group, playing music with accuracy and feeling.
• Assist instructor and singing group members as needed. At times, singing group members may need to be accompanied to their assisted living facility next door after the singing group.
Volunteer application & interview.
Criminal Records check (covered by South Granville Seniors Centre).
If interested, please reply to this email with your name, telephone number where we can reach you during the day time. Thank you for your interest and for brightening up the lives of seniors!