On behalf of our client, Manila Cargo Express - Canada, we are hiring a Manager, Freight & Shipping Business. This person will be responsible to drive profitable growth by increasing market share and customer satisfaction levels for Manila Cargo Express -Canada’s freight, warehousing and shipping operations.
Reporting to the CEO and President of the parent company based in the Head Quarters in the Philippines, the Manager is responsible for ensuring smooth day to day operations of the Canadian business. This includes assessing Canadian operations’ business performance and implement operational improvement strategies to make sure the operations remain competitive and continue to deliver exceptional services.
• Ensure Canadian branches develop and retain customers through quality of customer service, efficient collection and storage of freight, maintaining accurate customer freight and shipping information, increasing customer satisfaction levels by training and mentoring team members.
• Lead and implement changes in operational workflows to improve and simplify freight management, customer problem resolution methods
• Provide mentorship, training and support to team members to improve the quality of service and operational efficiencies
o Customer Service/Satisfaction
o Lean Principles
o Customs Regulations & Tariffs (Canada and Philippines, as well as other countries)
• Review operational targets and create recommendations and strategies to meet company goals and budgets
• Maintain and/or establish competitive rates and services with vendors for all modes of transport
• Build and retain client relationships through regular communication, visitation and monitoring of all related operational activities
• Ensure client related issues, questions and/or concerns are handled in a pro-active and professional manner and improve programs and processes to better service clients
• Attend various community events to promote the company’s services as well as other industry functions to be aware of the most up-to-date industry standards and practices
• Ensure that daily, weekly and monthly reports are accurately completed on time
• Coordinate with the Philippines Head Office, Philippines Customs Offices (agency of the government of the Philippines) and service providers, to ensure that freight is delivered efficiently, safely, accurately and in a timely manner.
• Act as the point of contact of the company to resolve shipping issues, liaise with service providers (other contracted local transportation organizations) and ensure compliance with service level agreements, communicate with branch employees and customers to provide updates on the status of their freight.
• Other duties as assigned
• At least 10 years of progressive experience in business management, logistics and/or international freight forwarding; at least 5 years in a supervisory experience
• Post-secondary diploma in logistics/transportation, finance/accounting, business management or related field; a MBA or similar/related graduate studies, ideal.
• Strong business development and financial management experience in freight operations.
• Deep knowledge and experience in compliance of customs regulations in Canada and Philippines (essential), and other countries (an asset)
• Strong understanding of foreign currency exchange (CDN$ and Php P) related to shipping to and from the Philippines and Canada (or termed as “balikbayan box” shipping), including duties and taxes, local shipping costs, etc.
• Experience in business development strategies within the Filipino communities in Canada as well as the ability to expand the business with the general public.
• Proven ability to implement operational, freight, financial and customer service policies and procedures, best practices in place within the organization, through effective training and coaching skills
• Demonstrated strategic thinking, decision making and problem-solving skills with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• A trusted transformational leader with the ability to influence and introduce new ways of doing things in order to take the business to the next level.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills (English and Philippine language), preferred
• Strong work ethic, professional, high integrity
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to deal effectively with customers and staff
• Strong presentation skills
• Demonstrated organizational, multi-tasking and time-management skills with the ability to meet deadlines
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Application (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), database system, accounting system, etc.
Salary Range: $25-$30/hour
We thank all applicants interested, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers