compensation: To be discussed employment type: employee's choice
QR Code Link to This Post
Surmesur is a shopping concept for men that has been completely rethought. Incorporating technology with the art of traditional tailors, we elaborated, 8 years ago, a shopping experience that is totally unique. Our goal is to offer customers an incomparable shopping experience, a customer service that exceeds expectations, and a product that is entirely personalized. We work tirelessly to stay leaders in the field, trendsetters.
At Surmesur, we encourage employees to think in a creative manner and help them to grow on a professional level as well as on a personal level. In addition to working in a really exciting field, you will have access to continuous training, clothing benefits, and the opportunity to evolve in a company that is flourishing.
We aspire to become the reference for custom, made-to-measure menswear in North America. Our daily mission is to offer an exceptional customer service, the “wow effect”, and this is where you come into play. Surmesur is currently looking for a talented and passionate individual to work as a Tailor. This is a permanent position, a part-time job, that offers the ideal candidate the perfect occasion to develop and acquire new competencies in a work environment that is inspiring and enriching.
If you recognize yourself in these values, read the following:
So, what’s the job?
Including but not limited to :
- Perform various alterations (hems, shorten sleeve, waist, shoulder, etc.)
- Responsible for meeting alteration deadlines established with the clients
- Take measurements for new clients (when needed)
- Assist with client fittings (when needed)
- Organize and prioritize workload to carry out the required tasks
- Ensure tailor shop cleanliness meets or exceeds the standards outlined by the Surmesur Store Standards
- Take part in scheduled meetings with the Branch Manager to deal with recurring alteration concerns
- Perform any other related tasks as assigned
- What makes the perfect candidate?
- Skills and Experience Required:
- 5+ years menswear tailoring experience preferred (not required)
- Understanding of suit construction
- Ability to identify fitting issues and deliver proper solutions
- Shirt and pant alteration experience is a must
- Must have experience in using industrial sewing machines, hemming and serger
- Commitment to achieving excellence in alterations and tailoring; high-quality work
- High level of ownership, accountability and initiative
- Must have strong time management skills and communication skills
OK for recruiters to contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers