QR Code Link to This Post
We are currently hiring a Site Supervisor on a full-time basis to join our team. We are looking for an individual who has a demonstrated ability to coordinate crews, and lead, coach and provide direction to Lead Hands and crewmembers. The right candidate should be able to effectively problem-solve and coordinate with customers, crews and management, and ensure wherever possible, projects proceed according to plan.
Job sites are located within the Metro Vancouver area & Fraser Valley. On occasion, travel outside of province may be required.
Job Type: Full-Time, Regular (37.5 hours/week)
Wage: Hourly ($30.00)
• Coaching and counseling employees to ensure performances standards are met and employees are aware of their own development opportunities.
• Performing probationary and annual performance reviews, including all appropriate documentation and including progressive discipline.
• Maintaining an open communication environment with employees.
• Interviewing and recommending hiring new employees.
• Keeping other Job Captains, Managers and HR informed of all relevant issues.
• Prepare for the day – collect information, gather crew, ensure tools on truck, ensure product on truck, etc.
• Develop and communicate work plan for the day to the crew – task assignments, break and lunch periods, etc.
• Train and coach crew members.
• Ensure on-time, effective, high quality installation through monitoring progress of installation, participating in the installation as appropriate, resolving problems as applicable, or advising management.
• Maintain positive customer relations – greeting customer representative on arrival at job site, describing the work plan, responding to inquiries and concerns and advising if any difficulties arise.
• Carry out the final walk through with the customer, noting deficiencies on the Deficiency Report.
• Complete all required recording relative to work orders, crew hours, etc., and submit to the office promptly.
• Perform a thorough trip inspection, reporting any deficiencies as required.
• Ensure the load is balanced, padded and strapped appropriately.
• Drive Company assigned vehicle in a safe and courteous manner, following all applicable laws as well as Pro Office Service.
• Promptly report any mechanical or miscellaneous difficulties noted while operating a company vehicle.
Installation & Labour:
• Load (including wrapping and strapping) and unload trucks.
• Unpack product.
• Carry and place product in the install area, leveling as appropriate (e.g., file cabinets).
• Vacuum or sweep work area.
• Wipe down product.
• Break down cardboard and separate it from garbage.
• Appropriately install office systems furniture, panels, work surfaces, pedestals, overheads, shelves, lights, electrical, power poles, desks, freestanding units, chairs, file cabinets, etc., following manufacturers’ instructions/drawings, and according to blueprints.
• Perform minor repairs on site (e.g., damage to locks, prefabs etc.)
• Complete paperwork as required.
Health & Safety:
• Must follow all applicable Health & Safety policies.
• Responsible for the sole operation of the vehicle when driving.
• Ensures work area is kept tidy and clear of debris.
• Monitors effective use of tools, lifting, no horseplay, etc.
• Provides guidance and the appropriate forms in the event of a workplace injury.
Qualifications and Experience:
• 2 years of directly-related work experience
• Ability to read blueprints
• Solid knowledge of the use of hand tools required
• Thorough knowledge of the installation process of a variety of different office furniture products and manufacturers gained through experience as an installer (or similar work) is required.
• Assignments can be complex, and concentration is required for regular and sometimes prolonged periods, the conflicting demands of the job may cause considerable stress.
• Dexterity is required to operate hand tools. Large muscle coordination required to life, carry and place furniture. Considerable dexterity and coordination are required to assemble components, especially in awkward or tight locations.
• Loading, unloading and staging and carrying and placing furniture involves walking, lifting and carrying of heavy items usually over 40 pounds. Assembling involves standing, bending, pushing, repetitive motion, and working in awkward positions.
• Travel to and from job sites is required every day, including in inclement weather. There is exposure to truck noise, vibration and exhaust pollutants from road vehicles.
• Work is frequently accomplished in awkward workspaces (e.g., corners, stairwells, etc.) and may be completed on unfinished construction sites.
How to Apply:
Please send a resume and cover letter explaining your experience as it applies to this position by replying to this advertisement.
We thank you in advance for your interest in this position. Only qualified candidates will be contacted
JDP Services Inc.
Address: 11225 92A Avenue, Delta BC V4C 3L9