cats are OK - purrr dogs are OK - wooof furnished apartment laundry in bldg no smoking street parking no private bath private room
QR Code Link to This Post
Close to many of Vancouver's most popular attractions. Minutes from English Bay and Stanley Park. Safe DOWNTOWN location near Davie Village. Walk-able and transit friendly. Well suited for new beginnings, the business traveler and vacation adventurer.
* * * * * * * PLEASE READ * * * * * * *
We enjoy sharing our home and feel it best to be open and detailed about what we offer. It is our goal to make your stay a pleasant one.
Hi there! We're a fun friendly couple renting an extra bedroom in Vancouver's most popular neighbourhood - The West End (Downtown).
We live modestly, the location is great, and space is ample considering most downtown dwellings. Well suited to new beginnings, new residents, the corporate business traveler and vacation adventurer. Also ideal for someone that needs more time to look for more permanent accommodation.
MONTH TO MONTH ROOM RENTAL RATE
FEBRUARY 1st 2019 = $900
This is a single person occupancy. For an additional person, add $100 extra a month. (Its ideal for 1 person)
If you pay for first and last months rent you can save $100 off rent per month. We do NOT charge cleaning costs or any kind for short-term rentals. Just clean as you go thru the use of the space.
Shared Kitchen, Foyer, and Bathroom. There is no livingroom.
- Private furnished bedroom with a double bed and closet.
- English Bay area just a few blocks away - near Davie Village.
- Short walk to an amazing variety of ethnic restaurants
- Safe during the day and at night
- Location is convenient and connects you to everything - public transit buses/trains, airport (30 min cab) and Terminal Station (train/greyhound hub)
- Bus stops for #6 and #5 in front if the building and steps away from the #C21.
- Frequent buses to all downtown Skytrain stations (Expo or Canada Line) - Stations: Granville, City Central, Yaletown, Stadium/Chinatown, Burrard, and Waterfront.
- Short walking distance to sea-wall, famous Stanley Park, Sunset Beach, and English Bay
-The West End neighbourhood is considered a walker's paradise, with a Walk Score of 94/100. Daily errands do not require a car.
- Grocery Store open till 3 am and 24hr convenience stores.
- Many 24-hour places to dine, party and lounge.
- 3 swimming pools close by.
- No lease, no take-over, end date flexible. Long-term rentals preferred and welcomed. Do happily consider short-term duration's as long as a 1 month notice is given to end the room rental.
ABOUT THE SPACE
- Available for 2 months or more, and ideal for long-term stay, Starting *February 1st, 2019* or earlier.
- ★Spacious Three bedroom apartment, one clean spacious bathroom to share. No traditional living/dining room as we live in the space as our 3rd bedroom. ★
- Due to our varying schedules, we typically don't need to vie for the washroom as we limit our time to 30 minutes, as we are considerate to all sharing the space.
***While this provides an ideal opportunity for many to stay downtown at a more economical rate, we understand that it is not for everyone. We do try our best to make it work.***
- Bachelor feel.
- The room is available furnished OR unfurnished - it's your call for long-term stays (double bed -with memory foam mattress, bedding, towels, dresser, alarm clock/radio, lamp, TV, DVD player, chair and desk).
- North East-facing window
- Beautiful North-West facing views of a heritage building with mature landscaping can see a sliver of water and of course, the mountains.
- Meals not included. Many of our guests prefer to eat out at the many restaurants in the area
- Close to busy areas (NOT ideal for super light sleepers), but most people don't mind - prefer it even. The building is on/near the main road, the suite is near the back of the building facing the gardens
- Equipped kitchen (microwave, toaster, blender, coffee maker, grill etc).
- Utilities include Heat, Hydro, Wireless high speed (WiFi) internet, access to DVD Library.
- Mini-walk in closet.
- Laundry facilities in building, open 24 hours.
- Pet-friendly building, so don't be surprised to see some furry neighbours or black cats roaming the corridors.
- Guests okay with advance notice.
- We ask that you clean up after yourself. Especially in common areas.
- For stays of over a month chores/housekeeper rate negotiable.
- Storage options available and separate bike storage.
- Limited street parking, limited hours, but lotsa parking available nearby (ask for more info).
- No gender preference as long as it's a good fit.
- Okay with international students/shift-workers.
- Economically and mentally stable.
- Have character references available.
- Genuine, honest, easy going, mature.
- Ideally, lived with roommates before, house-trained, clean, considerate etc.
- Friendly and willing to communicate your needs as living with happy people is always ideal :o)
- Non-party-animal, non-drama-queen.
- Non-smoker, no drugs (it's your life but at least not at the appt.)
- Prepare own meals, but we're pretty friendly so hopefully, we can have dinner together from time to time.
- Heterosexual couple.
- Work regular and odd hours.
- We're late risers so there's generally no conflicts for the washroom.
- Spiritual, easygoing, artsy, business-focused, and friendly.
- He's a social extrovert, she a natural deep thinking introvert
(don't worry we do get along most of the time haha).
- We like outdoor activities like walking, tennis and cycling.
- We try to be neat, but not OCD neat!
- We have enjoyed hosting people from all over the world, including Germany, Denmark, England, New Zealand, Australia and Canadian's from abroad.
- We try to be as helpful as possible, and gladly steer our flat-mates in the right direction to experience an excellent Vancouver adventure.
- He's fluent in Armenian.
- Some of our past guests have brought their cats/dogs along, we loved having them ($60 additional monthly rent and no more than 2 pets), since there are already 2 black cats in space it might not be ideal.
- We left the heavy partying long ago, but still, like socializing.
- Be aware that we are up in the middle of the night often, probably not the best for very light sleepers.
- Non-vegetarian (but don't mind if you're not, we'll try to be respectful).
1) Please reply with a little bit of information about yourself and/or what you liked about this posting. 2) Please ask about anything that we did not cover. fyi)We like to speak with our long-term guests ahead of time, if possible. Just to get to know each other. We look forward to hearing from you - lets talk.
3) Tell us your ideal time and day you would like to look at the place, move in date, your contact information; (phone# and the best time to reach you by text or with a call or both)
Best wishes on your search!
*Viewing available by appointment.
** Small Dog or Cat okay for an extra $60 per month.
*** Start date flexible, or February 1st, 2019.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers