furnished house w/d in unit no smoking street parking no private bath private room
QR Code Link to This Post
DECEMBER 1st, possibly earlier.
COST IS ALL INCLUSIVE.
SHORT TERM: 1 or 2 months only.
FURNISHED OR UNFURNISHED
Share the 3-bed upper floor of a 5-bedroom character house. You will have a comfortable, private bedroom and share a bathroom, kitchen, dining room, lounge and enormous deck and yard (front and back.) There will be 3 of you upstairs and I spend almost all my time downstairs. The common areas are shared with all of us as needed, though I barely ever cook.
Cost includes hydro, gas and unlimited (legal content) Internet.
Basic furniture, kitchen equipment etc, will be in place (pictures are empty as when I moved in last year. Two very quiet and peaceful gents here right now. Great opportunity for the right person:
Quiet, close to parks and the river, with a large deck and right by a small ravine and surrounded by beautiful trees. 5 minutes from a wooded park or Marine Way, 10 mins by bus to 22nd St Station, or to Metrotown, or the other way to Marpole Loop. Another bus takes 10 minutes to Metrotown. It's possible to get downtown in about half an hour. Or a quick trip via Skytrain to Surrey, or 20 minutes drive to Richmond or Coquitlam, 10 minutes to New West, plus all the jobs along Marine Way and Marine Drive, and easy access to the airport, BCIT, SFU, Douglas College and much more...
It is an older house in a quiet, private neighbourhood - I rent it - and it has some 70's character-wooden-walls and some new flooring and is clean and in good shape. I care about my home.
You will be able to enjoy a private room in a lovely green setting, access to the spacious, peaceful 3-bedroom upstairs of this characterful house, one primary neighbour upstairs, your landlord (me) downstairs (much of the time), access to on-site laundry downstairs and street parking.
I keep a safe, quiet, comfortable home and live a decent life. I'm kind to the people who help me do this!
I'm an honest, friendly, sociable, artistic, intelligent, mature male. I am totally positive re. cool, eccentric, nerdy, straight, gay, trans, old, young, large, small, other people -- and more! i.e. other sort of decent human beings.
- You are a peaceful person and GLAD this is a quiet home. This is definitely NOT a "party house."
- Mature, quiet, peaceful people are most welcome. NO addictions or hard-drugs or heavy drinkers.
- Employed/financially secure (and can prove it, and always, always pay the rent on time)
- Mellow, respectful, clean, honest and not judgemental or angry toward others.
- No angry bigots in my home, thank you!
- You and your stuff are clean, bed bug and cockroach free. I've never seen either in my home and never want to!
- Have excellent references.
THE BASIC RULES:
- Pay the rent in full before the start of each month (i.e. the last day of the previous month).
- Pay the damage deposit when you agree to rent, plus 1 full months' rent before moving in.
- No smoking in the house. I do not smoke cigarettes, but you can do that outside if you must.
- No pets - I love animals, but they do not work here (per that owner also.)
- No hard drugs or heavy drinkers. Marijuana is ok, but smoking outside and not around sensitive guests.
- No couples. Quiet overnight guests ok 2 nights per week. Your guests will never be alone in the house.
- No bringing home strangers from the bar or anywhere else. Respectful, trustworthy, quiet, modest tenants and visitors only!
- Clean up after yourself promptly (especially in the kitchen and bathroom.)
- Do not touch anyone else's stuff ever.
- Respect our privacy (as we will yours.)
- Must work full-time and have strong work and landlord references.
E-mail me. Tell me relevant stuff about yourself, your situation, your plans, name, phone number, when you want to move.
I thank everyone who contacts me for their time and interest.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers