compensation: depends upon the workplacement employment type: part-time internship
QR Code Link to This Post
ARE YOU A NEWCOMER REFUGEE WOMAN WHO IS A PERMANENT RESIDENT or A PROTECTED PERSON IN CANADA?
ARE YOU UNEMPLOYED AND LOOKING FOR WORK?
DO YOU FACE ANY CHALLENGES AND/OR BARRIERS THAT PREVENT YOU FROM STARTING OR MAINTAINING YOUR CAREER?
If you answered yes to the above questions, YWCA's Aspire Program might be for you!
We are a non-profit organization serving women and their children. We exist to support, connect and empower women and their families by providing safe, affordable housing for women and their children; fostering personal and economic independence through mentorship and employment program; helping children reach full potential through our early learning and child care services; and addressing the root causes of poverty, violence and inequality through advocacy. Since 1897, YWCA Metro Vancouver has led the way with innovative programs and services to meet the changing needs of our communities.
About the Program:
YWCA Aspire Program is a FREE employment program that assists newcomer refugee women in gaining valuable work experience with 6-week in-class workshops and 12-week PAID work placement.
• Six weeks of group-based employment workshops
• Up to 12 weeks of PAID work placement (as a joint effort between participants and program staff)
• Four weeks of follow up support
• Financial assistance for transit and limited child care support for eligible participants
• Workplace Conversation Circles as a peer support network
To be eligible, attendees must be:
• A newcomer refugee woman who is a Permanent Resident or Protected Person (Convention Refugee) in Canada
• Currently on Resettlement Assistance program or receiving Income Assistance OR a privately sponsored refugee
• Unemployed and not a full-time student
Program Start Date: January 13, 2020
Training = Monday to Wednesday – 9:30am - 2:30pm
Work Placement = times may vary
There are now ongoing Info Session that you are invited to join:
There are two ways to register for a session: