Association of Neighbourhood Houses of BC (ANHBC) is an equal opportunity employer. We place a high value on diversity and encourage qualified individuals from all backgrounds and identities to consider applying for the position. Our total compensation and benefits package reflects our commitment to our staff and their family.
The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating the Therapeutic Activation Program for Seniors (TAPS) under the general direction of the Director of Operations and/or the Senior Director of Gordon Neighbourhood House. The TAPS program is an innovative new initiative that will expand supports for vulnerable seniors in Vancouver’s West End, including through provision of social, recreational, health and food security programs. The ideal candidate will be passionate about developing supportive systems for local seniors, and will provide a combination of front-line service, program facilitation, client advocacy and program administration.
This position is a leadership role within the program. The successful candidate will be expected to maintain a high-level knowledge of resources, best practices and policies relevant to seniors, while working collaboratively with the senior leadership to plan, organize, deliver and evaluate the program. Ongoing opportunities for networking and training will be provided.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Program Management and Coordination
• With the support of senior leadership, working to plan, organize, deliver and evaluate the TAPS program in accordance with goals and outcomes provided by the funder;
• Working collaboratively with leadership, self-advocates, community groups, volunteers and partners to ensure the TAPS program builds on local assets and responds effectively to community needs;
• Organizing resources, including human (staff and volunteer), financial and other resources in order to achieve the goals and outcomes of the TAPS program;
• Working to set, measure, monitor and report on program goals/outcomes, including by drafting reports, collecting statistics and contributing to databases;
• Building relationships and maintaining communication with program stakeholders, including funders, community partners, health partners and service providers;
• Building program enrolment and managing program marketing;
• Assisting in developing and preparing funding proposals for the program(s) and identify new funding opportunities;
• Working alongside the Volunteer Coordinator to promote a strong volunteer presence and community leadership within the program.
• Creating and facilitating social, educational, recreational, health and/or food security programs for seniors;
• Building relationships with individual seniors and supporting the seniors in meeting short and long-term health, social and recreational goals, including through off-site activities and advocacy;
• Advocating for the needs of local seniors through participation in local committees and initiatives;
• Maintaining a strong knowledge of local resources, providing resources and referrals as needed;
• Actively engage the community in decision-making processes and building participatory leadership systems within the program.
Staff and Volunteer Management
• Oversee recruiting, hiring, orienting, coaching, supervising, disciplining and terminating process for staff and volunteers of the program(s) in consultation with the Director of Operations and/or Senior Director of the NH/Camp.
• Provide guidance to staff and volunteers of the program(s) in interpreting relevant NH Policies and procedures
This position is 25 to 30 hours per week and can include work on evenings and weekends.
Compensation: Step Base of Band 8 of the ANHBC Salary Grid ($23.94/hour + benefits)
Reports to: Director of Operations
Training and License Requirements
• 3-5 years working with Seniors and/or Vulnerable Community
• First Aid Certificate, or ability to obtain certification
• Must have a Drivers License and access to a Vehicle
• Willingness to submit a driver’s abstract
• A Criminal Record Check will be conducted
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers