Community Partnerships Facilitator
QR Code Link to This Post
The Affordable Housing Societies - one of BC's largest social housing providers - is seeking to fill the role of Community Partnerships Facilitator which is based out of its New Westminster Head Office location. The successful applicant will join a high caliber team in an exceptional work environment with great perks such as the 9-day fortnight (every 2nd Friday off), RRSP program, and health/dental benefits.
The Community Partnerships Facilitator will connect high priority buildings across the AHS portfolio with “community partners” (health care agencies, social services agencies, volunteer groups etc…) who will be able to help meet the needs of vulnerable tenants. The outcome of the work of the Community Partnerships Facilitator should be that vulnerable tenants are able to maintain their independence and safely, retain their tenancies longer than they would have otherwise.
If you are the type of person who wants to work somewhere that makes a difference, brings a great attitude to work, likes to solve problems, has great interpersonal skills, and has excellent experience with developing and facilitating community partnerships, then this may be the opportunity for you. Specific qualifications we are looking for include:
• Bachelor’s degree in Social Work and/or Community Development designation/accreditation preferred. Consideration will be given to candidates who bring equivalent work experience.
• Exemplary interpersonal and communication skills.
• Some familiarity with the Residential Tenancy Act and property management.
• Experience with case management, and strong understanding of case management best practices.
• Experience seeking and facilitating partnerships, alliances, and collaborative relationships to meet established needs, and develop tenant community capacity.
• Ability to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of programs, services and/or events and make changes required to maintain relevance and quality
If this sounds like you then send us your Resume with a Cover Letter explaining why you are the right fit for our organization. Email address for submissions is posted
While we appreciate all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.