Marketing & Social Media Assistant - Opus Art Supplies (Vancouver)
3345 Cornett Rd near Natal St
compensation: $37,440 / year employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Do you have a passion for art and design? A keen interest in online marketing, e-commerce systems, and website maintenance? The Opus Marketing department is looking for a marketing, social media and graphic design focused Marketing Assistant. We are continuously developing our brand, and this position offers the opportunity to work with our brands, creating materials for use in-store, online and in our social media to help us build our presence and engage with and expand our market.
WHO WE ARE
Opus Art Supplies was founded by David van Berckel, as a little picture frame manufacturer in 1974, and is still an independently-owned, local business. At Opus, people matter. We’re a community and we’re here to support artists’ entire creative journey; our mission is to provide quality art materials, resources and guidance, relevant to you, your level of skill and commitment.
ABOUT OUR TEAM
Our Marketing department is responsible for Opus' national marketing strategy, creating online promotional materials, content, and e-commerce management. In addition, providing support to our nine sales areas who, in turn, provide personalized service to creatives and the visual arts community across Canada. Our brand statement is “By All Means Create” and we take that to heart, ensuring our stores and website are providing the tools needed to inspire, explore, and create art.
As a key part of our in-house marketing team, you will work on a variety of projects, across various media, from concept to completion. Flexibility is key as you will be asked to switch between routine tasks and creative projects regularly, often working with quick turnaround times and tight deadlines.
General responsibilities of the Marketing Assistant include:
• Creating comprehensive marketing campaigns in support of the overall marketing strategy, to help maximize sales by enlisting email marketing, advertising, in-store assets, community outreach, and more
• Designing marketing materials for use in-store including posters, sale signs, web graphics, postcards, advertisements, articles, and important print pieces such as our guides, and translating much of this to web graphics
• Writing copy and sourcing information and photos for weekly emails and our schedule of social media posts
• Working collaboratively with the marketing team to develop a profitable Marketing and social media strategy
What You Bring To The Role:
• A portfolio of demonstrated use of Adobe Creative Suite: primarily InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
• Proven results with social media for business, and an organized approach to the production of social media content
• Great ideas for marketing campaigns, advertising, engaging our customers, and reaching new markets
• Demonstrated experience in designing marketing assets for print and web, and creating engaging and profitable email communications
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
• Well organized and ability to balance deadlines and workload effectively
• An ability to sort and combine data from multiple streams
• Demonstrated ability in working well both independently and as part of a larger team.
The Marketing Assistant is based at 3445 Cornett Road, conveniently located a 5–10-minute walk from the Rupert Skytrain Station.
This entry-level position is full-time, 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday daytime shifts with an annual salary of $37,440. After successful completion of a 3-month probationary period, staff are eligible for our medical and dental benefits program, and participation in other benefits including product discounts. A comprehensive health, vision and dental package is also provided for eligible employees after the 3-month probation period
APPLY TODAY! Please send your resume and cover letter with the subject line "[Your Name], Marketing & Social Media Assistant" to the Attention of:
Opus Art Supplies
All applications must include:
A cover letter stating your interest in the Marketing Assistant role
A current resume outlining your related skills
A portfolio of demonstrated abilities related to job requirements.
We are an equal opportunity employer and consider all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
Inclusive of minority and disadvantaged groups
LGBTQ2S+ friendly workplace
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers