THIS IS A FULL-TIME WORK-FROM-HOME JOB POSITION. Candidates can reside anywhere and do not need to travel for the job. Fresh college graduates encouraged, and experienced office professionals also considered.
Our company is looking to hire a full-time Event Producer and Marketing Assistant who will primarily be involved in the management of our live event business.
The Sommelier Company is a wine expertise firm that is called upon by top companies and foreign countries to deliver sommelier-guided wine & spirits tasting seminars in front of live audiences. Beyond the live events, The Sommelier Company deals with several wine-related specialty assignments that require utmost professionalism. The company is based in Orange County, California, with the nationwide team spread out over different states.
This is a full-time position, performed in your home office. That means you can live anywhere. While most of the tasks with be related to live events, the position also entails proposal writing and complex sales and marketing tasks of all kind. The company provides training and offers an interesting business management career.
Here are additional requirements for the role. All of them apply to be considered for the role.
1. The right candidate speaks and writes English without mistakes, is detail-oriented, and is exceptionally well organized.
2. Must work in a closed room at home without any distraction during work hours. Distractions like checking facebook and taking private calls is absolutely not acceptable. 8 hours of solid work are needed 5 days a week, at least.
3. Must have a Microsoft PC with 2 identical monitors at least 23 inches in diameter each, OR willingness to arrange this type of work station upon start of the job. Access to an additional Apple laptop is an advantage.
4. Must be fast and clever with email and office software use. We deal with many application and computer competence definitely is an important aspect of the day.
5. Must have an affinity for wine. Must be willing to learn the basics well and on own time, with training guidance from the firm.
6. Must be savvy about shopping for supplies and food on the internet at best prices. Must be willing to lead up on new topics and put in the necessary unpaid overtime where needed.
7. Must unconditionally reliable and punctual.
8. Must have experience in event planning and associated last minute trouble shooting.
9. Second language will be an advantage. German, France, Italy, Portuguese best.
The role reports to both a Director and a Managing Director.
Compensation includes a monthly base rate and a significant target bonus that is performance dependent. Will be structured as a consultant relationship in the first year; i.e., no additional benefits besides cash compensation.
Serious applications only. Special consideration given to Physical Disabilities, Military Service, and LGBT applicants.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities