As the Marketing Specialist of Vancouver Foodie Tours, communication is your superpower. You are effective, succinct, and always strike the right tone. You tailor your words, aesthetic, and positioning based who you’re talking to. You can draft a detailed email with speed, while still maintaining impeccable grammar and professionalism.
You know how to capture attention and close a sale. You’re familiar with understanding a product offering inside and out and can make a compelling recommendation with ease. You love to eat.
Navigating the digital world is second nature to you. You’ve probably learned new things through reading articles, asking forums, and watching tutorials. You know how to edit a Wordpress site, publish an email campaign on Mailchimp, and distribute content via social media.
Finally, you’ve got an eye for design. You have knowledge and access to Adobe CS, specifically InDesign and Illustrator and have experience designing and editing files.
1. Be the voice of Vancouver Foodie Tours – The Marketing Specialist will craft the messaging on our print, sales, and digital platforms. You will maintain a portfolio of eye-catching print and digital products.
2. Generate Sales – Private Tours are a growing part of Foodie Tours. Once you understand of our booking process and tour logistics, you’ll have an opportunity to apply your marketing ideas to win new business. Your efforts will impact the bottom line.
3. Why you will love this job – You will enjoy working with a food-loving, passionate team, who has no shortage of food recommendations and culinary adventures. If you are creative, love to eat, entrepreneurial, and meticulous with details, you will fit right in!
- Professional communication skills
- An eye for design and details
- Experienced with conversion-based copywriting
- Possess great telephone manners
- Is independent and thrives in an autonomous work environment
- A creative mind
- Quick to learn new things and apply findings to solve problems
- Proficient with Adobe CS to update print and digital materials
- Working knowledge of Wordpress, Mailchimp, Facebook, and Instagram for business
- Loves to eat and share the love of food with others!
– Complimentary access for you and a guest to key attractions, and discounts at hotels, offered through the Tourism Challenge Privilege pass
– Complimentary food tour experiences around the world
– Family and Friends discount to Vancouver Foodie Tours
– Eating meetings, events and workshops
– Fun team building events to build your culinary prowess and experience Vancouver like never before
– Exclusive staff discounts at Granville Island businesses
– Flexible schedules
– Extended health benefits
1. Branding and Graphic Design
- Update and design printed materials for Foodie Tours
- Update website (Wordpress) with seasonal promotions, maintain landing pages, add blog posts
- Update and design sales collateral (Powerpoint, PDF)
- Produce marketing materials upon request for VFT team
- Curate food photography for social media and blog content
- Draft and distribute monthly eNewsletters (Mailchimp)
- Maintain media materials and distribute upon request
- Write Press Releases
3. Digital Marketing
- Write, curate, and distribute SEO-Driven Content
- Manage social media content calendar and social media posts (Facebook, Instagram)
- Facilitate strategic social media partnerships/contests
- Execute seasonal campaigns
4. Private Tour Sales
- Manage private tour sales from start to finish
- Pitch to prospective guests on Foodie Tour products
- Facilitate payment, logistics, and tour details
- Invoice and receive payment
If you possess the qualities we are looking for, please apply now by sending an email with all of the following:
2. Exactly 300 words in a Word Document, explaining why you would make the perfect Marketing Specialist for Vancouver Foodie Tours
3. Expected hourly rate
5. Subject line should read – Marketing Specialist Application: First and Last Name
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers