compensation: • negotiable based on experience • Discretionary bonus • Health and dental benefits plan employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
We are currently seeking two full-time positions:
Position 1: Junior legal assistant
The ideal candidate will be proficient in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook, etc) and have excellent verbal and written skills in English. You possess exceptional organizational skills and take pride in your work. The candidate will be responsible for managing telephone calls, receiving and directing visitors, word processing, creating spreadsheets and presentations, and filing. Process office invoices.
• Reviewing incoming and outgoing mail and coordinate responses as required;
• Maintaining, organize and update the BF system and calendar;
• Prepare correspondence, complete conveyance forms, general conveyance assistance;
• Schedule Discoveries, Mediations, Trials, etc;
• Open files and maintain electronic file record;
• All general administrative functions of the practice, including calendar/book appointments, file opening/closing procedures, invoicing, day-to-day bring forwards and general file management;
• Greeting clients and visitors and answering and making calls;
• Scanning, photocopying, faxing and filing documents;
• General Corporate Records keeping (Training Provided);
• Familiar with real estate transactions (conveyancing) and related software (Training Provided)
We offer 3 week's vacation and Flexible hours.
• Job Requirements 6+ months of experience in a law firm is required or graduated from an accredited Legal Administrative Assistant Program;
• Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite;
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills;
• A desire to provide world-class client service;
• Knowledge of PCLaw is a plus.
Position 2: Senior Legal Assistant/Conveyancer
As a Conveyancer, you will be supporting a Real Estate lawyer with all residential and commercial transactions. The ideal candidate is motivated, independent, but also a team player. The Residential Real Estate and Commercial Conveyancer will be responsible for the following:
• Working on residential real estate sale and purchase files from start to finish
• Working on Commercial files (asset/share purchases and sales)
• Commercial and private lending work
• Correspondence with clients
• Comfortably performing LTSA and BC Online searches
• Familiar with PC Law
• 3+ years in a conveyancer role
• Legal Assistant / Paralegal / Conveyancing program completion preferred but not necessary
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
• negotiable based on experience
• Discretionary bonus
• Health and dental benefits plan
HOW TO APPLY:
Please respond with a Microsoft Word version of your resume, quoting “Conveyancer Position” or “Junior Legal Assistant” in the subject line. If you would like to speak with us directly regarding this role, please contact Shao Meng at 604 602 1626 x 7.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers