Hello, we are glad you’ve found us! We are Five Star Building Services and our Head Quarters is in Vancouver, BC. Here are some facts about our business:
QR Code Link to This Post
1. Five Star is 100% Canadian owned and operated.
2. We have been a leader in the industry for 20 years and we provide full building maintenance, building management, caretaking and janitorial services.
3. We love working with enthusiastic people full of passion and are open to learning. We are always evolving and always looking for ways to improve ourselves.
4. Teamwork is a big part of who we are, and collaboration is key.
5. Providing exceptional quality and customer services experience is what we pride ourselves in.
If this sounds like the kind of place you’d fit into, keep on reading!
This Janitorial Caretaker position requires 85% cleaning and 15% building management. This is a live-out position and does not offer accommodation.
Your Job Scope:
• Keep the Strata building common areas clean and tidy.
• Clean common areas in the building, such as; lobbies, hallways, elevators, gym, pool areas, saunas, amenity rooms, lounges, etc., as well as sweeping, mopping, dusting and vacuuming.
• Answer emails and phone calls from residents.
• Coordinate move in/ out, lock elevator and prepare protection wall pads.
• Program and update fobs (remote access key).
• Provide access to contractors/ vendors as required and directed by Property / Strata/ Building Manager
• Prepare correspondence and other miscellaneous tasks as needed.
• Small maintenance work.
• Able to change multiple light fixture bulbs.
• Monitor building conditions and security (review security cameras as requested by property management).
• Place recycling and garbage bins out to the curb on collection days.
• Strong customer service skills, able to multitask and problem solve.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Must be able to pass a Criminal Record Check.
• Must have good computer skills, i.e Microsoft Office.
• Previous experience in residential or Strata building is an asset.
• Organized self-starter with excellent work ethic and good work habits.
• Able to lift 30 to 50 lbs, bent and reach to high/ low places as needed.
• Ideally lives in North Vancouver but not required.
• Excellent health and dental benefits (for full-time employment).
• Bi-weekly pay cheques.
• Steady employment all year round.
• Opportunity for advancement.
• Job security - we have many long term 15+ years employees.
• Other incentive bonus.
• Monday to Friday - 25-30 hours/week
• North Vancouver
If you have caretaker/ janitorial industry experience, reliable, responsible, take pride in your work quality and are interested to be part of a dynamic growing company, please connect with us!
We welcome walk-in applicants from Monday to Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
We thank all applicants in advance, but only those who get shortlisted will be contacted. Thank you.