Vancouver's Best Vitamin, Sport Supplements Store and Smoothie Bar is looking for:
Full-Time Human Resources & Payroll Coordinator
US: A dynamic, fun and energetic company that prides itself on our knowledgeable and amazing staff.
YOU: Dynamic, fun and energetic, with payroll, administration, or human resources experience.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
You will maintain and enhance the organization’s Human Resources by planning, implementing and evaluating employee relations and Human Resource policies, programs and practices.
You will report to the CEO and you will be self-organized with a strong attention to detail, work within budgets and have a responsibility for timelines.
You enjoy and excel in a fast-paced environment and being a part of a rapidly growing company. You will be able to contribute to your teams success, with in-depth knowledge of best H.R. practices and experience in processing a large payroll.
THIS JOB IS FOR YOU IF:
- You pride yourself on your interpersonal skills and want to grow within the HR sector.
- You have an adept capability to multi-task whilst working under pressure.
- You possess confidence, drive and enthusiasm in your skills and abilities.
- You have a strong decision-making ability and a sense of responsibility.
- You have strong planning and organisational skills and business acumen.
- You are resourceful and resilient.
You will be required to execute the following duties for all corporate entities in both Canada and the USA:
- Enter, verify and update new hire information in our payroll system.
- Time, Attendance, & Payroll — Responsible for processing semi-payroll for all employees including our exempt and non-exempt employees.
- Oversee timesheets and support managers on using the timekeeping system.
- Assist employees with payroll questions and enrollment.
- Assist with benefits program and vendor relationships.
- Post open positions on job boards through the Applicant Tracking System. Maintain accurate information on all job boards. Ensure that job postings match job descriptions.
- Participate in screening, sorting of resumes and applicants, scheduling and coordination of interviews and conduct reference checks where needed.
- Prepare offer letters and employment verification letters as needed.
- Work with the team to administer the on-boarding process.
- Coordinate requests and tracking to make sure staffing needs are met in a timely manner.
- Continually work with the CEO to streamline the hiring process and improve internal policies.
- Process unemployment and workers comp claims. Respond to all employment verification requests.
- Maintain complete confidentiality of all H.R./Payroll related information.
- Maintain up-to-date employee files, which includes accurate and complete employee forms.
- Maintain the work structure by updating job descriptions for all positions.
- Develop, revise and implement the Company’s compensation program.
- Develop, analyze and update the Company’s salary budget.
- Oversee exit interviews.
- Complete and submit paperwork to external agencies including: WC claims, unemployment claims etc.
- Ensure compliance with all laws and regulations from a labor standard perspective.
- Maintain Company directory and other organizational charts.
- Maintain and revise the Company’s employee handbook.
- Implement new H.R. policies and maintain existing ones.
- Provide administrative support as needed.
- Update payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, deductions and job titles.
- Process monthly commissions.
- 3-5 years of administrative experience, preferably in a Human Resources department.
- Payroll & Benefits experience a must.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office; experience with Payworks a plus.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
- Ability to work independently.
Body Energy Club also offers additional incentives including extended health benefits and staff discounts. We appreciate the interest from all candidates, but only those who pass initial screening will be contacted for an interview.
Thank you, we look forward to hearing from you!
Body Energy Club
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers