compensation: Commensurate with skills and abilities employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
The Glacier Benefits Administrator manages the administration of the company's benefits programs Canada-wide. Benefit offerings include: group health and dental coverage, retirement plans, disability, and life insurance. This role supports the HR Department in a fast-paced, dynamic, global operation with a plan for ongoing expansion and complexity in benefits as well as procurement and administration of offerings that improve the staff experience. The Benefits Administrator role provides proactive improvements to current benefits offerings and administration; ensures safety of a global workforce through education and training programs;
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintains benefit records by developing recordkeeping systems; initiating new-hire benefits; recording
- Resolves employee questions and problems by interpreting benefit policies and procedures.
- Create and maintain benefits brochures for each policy, provider or group to serve in both recruitment and
- Maintain centralized documentation on each benefit and insurance policy.
- Manage and maintain up-to-date benefit records for all staff, including family status and salary changes
- Research and ensure compliance with all legal requirements associated with various employee benefits on a
provincial or federal basis.
- Prepare, and assist with all year-end processes, including all pension related adjustments, ensuring
compliance of any/all Retirement plans (RRSP, Pension, etc.) Oversee completion and submission of
- Administration of disability claims, WCB claims, GRTW Plan, and maintain files. Ensure cost
recovery of benefits as required
- Deliver personalized benefit orientations for new staff and manage the collection of new hire paperwork
and enrollment into each employee file
- Ensure timely and engaging communication of global benefits policies and practices.
- Acting as liaison between insurance companies and employees for all benefit related questions.
- Expedites delivery of benefits by establishing and maintaining working relationships with benefit providers.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional
publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Prepares reports as required by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Assisting with any HR related matters as needed and providing Payroll relief and support
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience administering global benefits, including retirement
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge and skill level with MSoft basic desktop Applications (Word, Excel,
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple administrative tasks.
- A Musketeer mentality working with a dynamic group of goal-oriented individuals where input and
contribution is greatly valued and rewarded.
We offer a competitive salary and a full offering of benefits, including RRSP matching program.
If you are that Benefit Administrator extraordinaire, please send your resume with cover letter, including compensation expectations.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers