compensation: Flat rate plus 4% Vacation every pay period employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Come Work for the Best!
Home Care Assistance is one of the fastest growing home care agencies in the nation and we are currently seeking the best professional caregivers to become a part of our expanding team. Our mission is to Change the Way the World Ages. As a company, we hold to the best business practices - bonded and insured, we also cover all employees with worker's compensation and will take care of any related tax reporting. This strong commitment to hiring and developing only excellent caregivers has helped us become a leading provider of non-medical in-home senior care!
As a caregiver, you are making a real and meaningful difference in the lives of your clients and their families. We are seeking professional, compassionate and reliable caregivers to provide live-in care for our clients. Live- in care is defined as a 24-hour shift but the caregiver gets 6 - 8 hours of sleep at night and 4 hours of break time during the day. The care giver stays in the client's home anywhere from 2-5 days a week, and meals and a place to sleep are provided. For this type of shift, caregivers will be paid a flat rate , not an hourly rate.
Responsibilities can include helping clients with:
• Personal hygiene such as bathing, dressing and grooming
• Cooking and nutritional guidance
• Transportation services
• Light housekeeping services and laundry
• Medication reminders
• Exercise and physical assistance
• Conversation, companionship and mental stimulation
• Must have some form of training eg. RCA
• High school or college diploma
• Must have at least 2-3 years of experience caring for the elderly and preferably have experience dealing with Clients with dementia
• Must have good command of English and be able to converse with ease on a wide variety of topics
• No history of criminal background
• Passionate about providing care for elders
• Must be compassionate, honest, reliable, confident and highly sociable
• Must feel confident in your ability to engage the Client in activities and conversation
• Must be able to cook
• Proof of eligibility to work in Canada
• 3 professional references including telephone numbers
The Company is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
We understand that these are unusual times and that the status of the COVID-19 pandemic is evolving daily. We are committed to hiring you for a safe role and would be happy to address any questions or concerns you may have.
Our HR Manager, Elizabeth, is reviewing resumes on a regular basis so to apply, please email your resume. Please note that only suitable candidates will be contacted. Our office hours is from Monday to Friday from 9 am to 5 pm.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers