David Hawksworth's Hawksworth Catering seeking 2nd Cook:
QR Code Link to This Post
The 2nd Cook is responsible for assisting the Catering kitchen in preparing of all meals and ensuring the kitchen areas are clean and sanitary at all times. They must be able to work fast yet diligently with a focus on consistency while open to direction. Comfortability with kitchen equipment and knife skills are required. The 2nd Cook works under the direction of the 1st Cooks and management team with fundamental duties including the responsibility of food preparation in accordance with high standards of quality.
- Reports directly to the Sous Chef and Catering Chef.
- Participate in food preparation in accordance with accepted standards of quality.
- Ensure the overall cleanliness, health and safety aspects of the kitchen are maintained at all times.
- Contribute to daily cleaning schedule.
- Responsible for proper handling, storage, labeling of food products, to the highest standard to prevent unnecessary spoilage.
- Possess the ability, in extremely stressful situations.
- Ability to establish priorities and follow a time line to organize one’s day around mise en place and service.
- Be able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to take direction and constructive criticism.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required.
- Enthusiastic, outgoing personality, with a strong work ethic.
- Responsible for preparation and execution aspect of food for private dining room, off premise catering and production in the commissary kitchen.
- Contribute to daily staff/family meal ensuring that quality and nutritional value are taken into consideration, while using creative measures to facilitate the use of leftover product.
- Perform any other reasonable duties required by Catering Chef and Sous Chef.