compensation: Industry competitive wage ($17 - $20/hr plus tips) based on applicant's qualifications employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
David Hawksworth's Hawksworth Catering seeking 1st Cook:
The 1st Cook works under the direction of the management team with fundamental duties including the responsibility of food preparation in accordance with high standards of quality. The First Cook works with a degree of independence and is responsible for making decisions requiring sound judgment and familiarity with Catering policies and guest services standards.
- Reports directly to the Sous Chefs and Catering Chef.
- Lead and participate in food preparation in accordance with accepted standards of quality.
- Ensure the overall cleanliness, health and safety aspects of the kitchen are maintained at all times.
- Contribute to daily cleaning schedule.
- Responsible for proper handling, storage, labeling of food products, to the highest standard to prevent unnecessary spoilage.
- Possess the ability to work at a high level, in extremely stressful situations.
- Ability to prioritize and follow a time line to organize one’s day around mise en place and service.
- Be able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Work closely with sous chefs and chef de parties to ensure kitchen is running smoothly, and efficiently.
- Ability to take direction and constructive criticism.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required.
- Enthusiastic, outgoing personality, with a strong work ethic.
- Responsible for preparation and execution aspect of food for private dining room, off premise catering and food production in the commissary kitchen.
- Contribute to daily staff/family meal ensuring that quality and nutritional value are taken into consideration, while using creative measures to facilitate the use of leftover product.
- Perform any other reasonable duties required by Catering Chef and Sous Chef
- Class 5 driver's license seen as an asset.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers