compensation: Our salaries and benefits are competitive in the industry. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
We are a progressive and creative structural engineering company, seeking an enthusiastic intermediate structural engineer to join our team. We work on challenging structural engineering projects using various materials and building types in both the public and private sector. Our work includes both new construction as well as seismic upgrading, additions and renovations to existing buildings. We provide a good working atmosphere and promote a strong and supportive learning environment.
This is a position with a primary focus on design for a candidate that has interest in learning all aspects of engineering within the context of a small, full-service design firm. The successful applicant will work under the direction of our senior structural engineers and will be responsible for detailed project design from initial conception through the end of construction.
The successful candidates will:
● Have an engineering degree, with courses in seismic design of buildings.
● Have at least 3 years of relevant design experience.
● Be currently registered as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) with EGBC.
● Understand the structural design of building projects using a broad range of materials including steel, concrete, timber and masonry.
● Be able to implement structural design from initial layout to detailed design of connections in the various building materials and connections between materials.
● Be familiar with implementation of seismic designs and systems for new and existing buildings.
● Have current knowledge of local building and material design codes.
● Knowledge of the Seismic Retrofit Guidelines for upgrading of schools in BC would be an asset.
All resumes will be treated in confidence. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers