compensation: $22.44 - $24.99 per hour to start plus extended health and dental benefits employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
“It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge.”
• Albert Einstein
BrainBoost Education is currently inviting applications for a skilled and passionate Math and Science Educator to join our team!
This is a full-time position Monday to Friday, 11am-7pm, at 40 hours per week, comprising of 30 hours of teaching and 10 hours of preparation time. You will need to have had experience tutoring Math (grades 8-12), as well as one high school level science (Physics or Chemistry preferred) – experience teaching students with learning differences is preferred. Part of your teaching work will occur in the Resource Room. There your role will entail to anchor the space, to support students in working on anything that may be on their plate including motivation, executive functioning, remediation and enrichment, and to exemplify a caring, community- and solution-based ethic that supports BrainBoost’s mission and values. If you are looking for a unique challenge in a values-driven and student-centered learning environment, this job could be perfect for you.
BrainBoost Education develops and delivers unique learning experiences tailored to students who may not be accommodated in traditional educational settings, as well as those who are seeking additional learning support. We currently serve 400 students, many of whom experience learning difficulties such as ADD/ADHD, dyslexia, high functioning ASD, as well as anxiety. Our group classes, Study Space and one-on-one tutoring provide a space for educators to work with students in meaningful ways that challenge and inspire them, and match their unique learning styles and personalities. We are a team of dedicated professionals who work hard and have fun creating an inclusive community informed by joy, acceptance, support, collaboration, a dedication to social justice, and a love for learning and knowledge.
We are looking for an individual who:
• Possesses excitement for teaching and a desire to have a positive impact on a student’s relationship with knowledge
• Excels in a constantly changing environment and adapts flexibly by shifting priorities to meet needs; comfortable with ambiguity and non-routine situations
• Increases the strength of the staff team through collaboration, commitment to learning from and supporting others; and is respectful to diversity in all its forms
• Communicates clearly with diverse stakeholders in both oral and written forms; anticipates and responds to needs in a student-centered and respectful manner.
• Has knowledge of Learning Disability labels and their impacts on students
• Has a minimum of two years of teaching experience with Math 8-12, as well as either Chemistry 11/12 or Physics 11/12
• Has knowledge of BC curriculum
• Possesses the ability to be self-reflective
The job entails:
• Working with the students in the resource room and in one-on-one settings
• Creating/preparing materials to make the curriculum interesting and engaging
• Managing the learning needs so that each student accomplishes the work they set out to do
• Writing reports on the progress of students and tutoring sessions
• Seeking and responding to feedback from students and case managers
• Communicating with case managers about student strategies and challenges
The job offers:
• joining a committed, collaborative community of staff with a work culture based on respect, trust and care
• opportunity to exchange and discuss ideas with compassionate colleagues who engage in ongoing dialogue about education
• opportunity to participate in on-site educational training, as well as support for external professional development
• support and guidance as you apply new principles in your work
• $22.44 - $24.99 per hour to start plus extended health and dental benefits (after successful probation)
• full-time position at 40 hours/week and starting as soon as possible.
If this sounds interesting to you, please apply with your resume and cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers