compensation: $20/hr (depending on qualifications and experience) employment type: contract non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
The BC Aboriginal Child Care Society is seeking one (1) Early Childhood Educator to cover a Maternity Leave at Singing Frog Aboriginal Head Start Preschool. Responsibilities include implementing and evaluating activities and experiences within an inclusive learning environment guided by Aboriginal Head Start principles. In addition to having a strong understanding of Aboriginal culture and history, the ideal candidate will have working knowledge of emergent and responsive curriculum.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate their ability to:
▪ Plan and implement developmentally and culturally appropriate responsive curriculum within an Aboriginal early learning environment
▪ Be comfortable with documentation of children’s learning and reflective practices
▪ Maintain positive communication with parents
▪ Initiate and follow through to complete projects as well as be self-directed
In addition, the Early Childhood Educator will have:
▪ Working knowledge of Child Care Licensing regulations
▪ A minimum of 3 years experience in a child care setting
▪ Valid Early Childhood Education Certificate to Practice
▪ Special Needs certificate or relevant experience preferred
▪ Clear Criminal Records Check & Current First Aid
Terms of Employment:
▪ Monday-Friday (37 hours/week)
▪Ongoing training opportunities
Cover Letter & Resume to:
BC Aboriginal Child Care Society
102 – 100 Park Royal South
West Vancouver, BC V7T lA2
Closing Date: until position is filled
We thank all those who apply. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with section 41 of the BC Human Rights Code and Section 15 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, preference will be given to qualified candidates with Aboriginal ancestry.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers