7/13-7/26: Film and Employment Online Workshop for Youth (ages 19-30)
QR Code Link to This Post
Intersections Media Opportunities for Youth Society is currently seeking participants (AGES 19–30) for our 2-week Film and Employment Training Workshops.
Through an exciting and innovative workshop format incorporating life lessons and state-of-the-art technology, Intersections provides youth with the tools and skills needed to create compelling digital video projects. Our goal is to help its participants take steps towards long-term attachment to the workforce, or continued education.
Since 2009, Intersections Digital Media Workshop has always operated in a studio space. To ensure the safely of our staff and our participants, Intersections Digital Media Workshop will now be delivered on a virtual platform. This change, first and foremost, will ensure we meet our social responsibility during the current global health directive as a result of COVID19. In addition, Intersections has always been at the forefront with our Digital Media Workshop and this change is a normal evolution of the Workshop.
As Intersections pivots to a Virtual Platform, programming will be delivered through 2-week intakes running Monday to Friday 9:30 AM – 4:00 PM. The dynamic and engaging curriculum on this new platform remains the same.
Our current recruitment is for the next 2 intakes:
[10 participants per intake]
July 13 - July 24, 2020 [5 spots available]
July 27 - August 7, 2020 [7 spots available]
If you are...
• Interested in learning basic filmmaking and digital media skills;
• Have a basic understanding of computers and access to WiFi;
• Committed to gaining/updating your First Aid, Serving It Right, Food Safe, ActSafe Motion Picture Safety Awareness and WHMIS certifications;
• Between the ages of 19-30;
• Living in the Lower Mainland;
• You have not participated previously in an Access/BladeRunners or Skills Link program;
• Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident and legally eligible to work in British Columbia;
... then we would like to hear from you!
***The program is delivered at no cost to participant, and the above certifications are paid for on the participants’ behalf. All programming and support materials will be provided for the duration of the two-week program and participants receive an honorarium upon completion.***