The Associate Director position is responsible and accountable for providing leadership in all aspects of Housing Services for 12+ housing communities throughout Metro Vancouver. This role provides oversight and strategic direction of programming, as well, ensures operational success of these housing communities and any new housing communities as required.
• Provide vision and direction on all aspects of housing services including: policies and procedures; safety; maintenance of waitlists; filling vacancies; annual rent reviews; repairs; preventative maintenance; and suite inspections.
• Fully understand and operate within the parameters of BC Housing contracts, and the Residential Tenancy Act
• Develop/update capital plans for each housing community
• Create and monitor program budgets for the housing sites
• Create a collaborative environment, working closely with housing partners and with the Manager of Community Development, the Manager of Transition Houses and the Manager of Crabtree Corner Housing.
• Supervise Housing Services staff
• Oversee tenant complaints process
• Coding of invoices
• Ensure all meetings and interactions are professional and represent the YWCA Metro Vancouver in a positive manner
• Back-up on call for Housing Services emergencies
• Management of special projects and other duties as assigned
• Combination of education in Property Management and relevant work experience
o Minimum of 2 years in a supervisory role
o Minimum of 2 years in a property management role
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Strong interpersonal skills (problem solving, knowledge sharing)
• Must be comfortable with Outlook and Excel
• Knowledge of Arcori, ADP, Zoom and/or Safetyline would be useful
• A valid clear criminal record check (including working with vulnerable populations) is required.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an inclusive and rewarding workplace. Candidates are invited to send resumes by 5 pm September 28, 2021.
We thank all who apply, but only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. For more information about this and other YWCA Metro Vancouver career opportunities, please visit ywcavan.org.
Help us make a difference
Established in 1897, YWCA’s vision is to achieve women’s equality and its mission is to touch lives and build better futures for women and their families through advocacy and integrated services that foster economic independence, wellness and equal opportunities. YWCA serves over 48,000 clients annually, with 66 programs and services in 75 locations.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and value our diverse workplace. Women, Black, Indigenous and People of Colour, LGBTQ2S+ individuals and people with disabilities, are strongly encouraged to apply.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities