compensation: Competitive salary based compensation employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Location: Vancouver (Westside)
About the Job:
We are a busy family owned public accounting practice seeking an energetic and professional Staff Accountant, previous experience is an asset. You will be working directly with the partners of the firm. This position will provide at least 40 hours per week. Office hours are 8:30 to 4:30pm.
- Preparation of T1 Income Tax returns,
- Preparation of Notice to Reader engagements, including financial statements and T2 Income Tax returns
- Monthly or quarterly full cycle bookkeeping, including GST/HST returns, WCB returns, Source deductions remittances
- Communicating with clients, and providing instructions to clients if necessary
- Providing other client advisory services as needed
- At least two years in a public practice accounting firm
- Must have excellent communication skills (fluent in both verbal and written English)
- Ability to present yourself in a professional manner
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines without compromising accuracy
- Experience in preparing T1 Individual Tax Returns
- Experience in preparing Notice to Reader engagements and associated T2 Corporate Tax Return
- Must have experience and be proficient in the following software MS Word and Excel
- Experience with QuickBooks, SAGE (Simply Accounting) also an asset
- CPA designations are an asset.
We offer competitive compensation, and benefits, including paid overtime (or time off in lieu).
We are committed to continuous improvement through professional development, we offer external training to maintain and expand your knowledge.
Please send your resume and cover letter. We will contact promising candidates for an in person interview.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers