compensation: Salary compensation commensurate with experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Progressive CPA firm located in East Vancouver has a position available for a Senior Accountant with a fast-tracked opportunity to a manager role.
ABOUT THE PRACTICE
This sole practitioner office works primarily in the area of real property transactions and provides accounting, advisory and tax services to realtors, real property investors and developers. Although this office is a full-service accounting and tax office, the business focuses on compilation engagements and advisory and tax consultancy work related to real property transactions and small business corporations.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for executing on a variety of engagements from “cradle-to-grave” including bookkeeping engagements through to year-end engagements. The candidate will also have the opportunity to work on tax engagements such as tax-deferred rollovers and participate in other tax consultancy work.
This office operates on the principle of “promotion from within” so, as the practice grows, so too will the opportunities for advancement. Work-life balance is paramount to an enjoyable employment experience so vacation entitlement is 3-weeks for all staff and scheduling is flexible. For the ideal candidate, part-time opportunities would be considered although full-time candidates are preferred. Your total compensation plan will be commensurate with the skill-set that you bring.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
At minimum, the candidate is someone who has substantially completed their professional accounting designation and only requires professional experience before applying for membership to the Organization of Chartered Professional Accountants of B.C. Ideally, the candidate is a CPA in good standing with post-designation experience in a public practice setting. Non-CPA candidates will be considered if your professional experience meets our requirements.
Your professional education is supported by an undergraduate degree and professional education through the CPABC Professional Education Program or equivalent. To compliment your professional education, you will have professional experience in the areas of:
• Completing compilation engagements from planning to completion with little to no supervision;
• Full cycle accounting using software such as QuickBooks (desktop and online) and Sage 50;
• Tax compliance such as preparing GST, PST, WCB, all sorts of T-slips, and personal and corporate tax returns;
• Advanced-level working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs;
• Intermediate-level working knowledge with file preparation and tax preparation software such as Caseware and Taxprep;
• Intermediate-level knowledge of ASPE and various tax acts such as the Excise Tax Act, Income Tax Act, Property Transfer Tax Act and BC Provincial Sales Tax Act.
In addition to the above skill-set, you will also possess soft-skills such as:
• The ability to identify accounting or tax issues, research the issue, apply the appropriate standards or criteria to the specific case facts and conclude and recommend a course of action;
• The ability to work independently and manage your own schedule;
• The ability to proactively provide extraordinary client service;
HOW TO APPLY
Apply in confidence with your cover letter, resume and salary expectations by clicking the reply to link in this ad. TO DEMONSTRATE YOUR PROFICIENCY WITH MICROSOFT OFFICE AND ADOBE ACROBAT, YOU MUST SUBMIT YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME AS ONE COMBINED PDF FILE AND YOUR COVER LETTER MUST BE SIGNED ELECTRONICALLY WITH A DIGITAL IMAGE OF YOUR CURSIVE SIGNATURE. APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED IN MICROSOFT WORD FORMAT WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. No phone calls please. While all applications are greatly appreciated, only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers