compensation: 75,000 to 85,000 per year employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Progressive CPA firm located in East Vancouver has a position available for a Manager or Senior Manager.
ABOUT THE PRACTICE
This sole practitioner office works primarily in the area of real property transactions and provides accounting, advisory and tax services to realtors, real property investors and developers. Although this office is a full-service accounting and tax office, the business focuses on compilation engagements and advisory and tax consultancy work related to real property transactions and small business corporations.
The candidate will be responsible for overall management of the office including supervising staff, managing workflow, billing and executing on a variety of engagements where needed.
This office operates on the principle of “promotion from within” so, as the practice grows, so too will the opportunities for advancement. After 2-3 years, promotion to Senior Manager is anticipated; then, profit sharing and partnership opportunities would be considered as well.
Work-life balance is paramount to an enjoyable employment experience, so vacation entitlement is four weeks for all management level staff and scheduling is flexible. Your total compensation plan will be commensurate with the skillset that you bring.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
At minimum, the candidate is a member in good standing with the Organization of Chartered Professional Accountants of B.C. and has demonstrated professional competence in a public practice setting through progressive advancement in public practice. Expected years of professional experience is at minimum four years in public practice.
For current Senior Accountants looking for advancement into a Manager position… this opportunity is well-suited for you. For ambitious members looking to make a significant impact on a small practice… this opportunity is well-suited for you.
Your professional experience should include the following:
- Completing compilation and review engagements from planning to completion with no supervision;
- Full cycle accounting using software such as QuickBooks (desktop and online) and Sage 50;
- Tax compliance such as preparing GST, PST, WCB, all sorts of T-slips, and personal and corporate tax returns;
- Advanced-level working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs;
- Advanced-level working knowledge with file preparation and tax preparation software such as Caseware and Taxprep;
- Advanced-level knowledge of ASPE and various tax acts such as the Excise Tax Act, Income Tax Act, Property Transfer Tax Act and BC Provincial Sales Tax Act.
In addition to the above skillset, you will also possess soft skills such as:
- The ability to identify accounting or tax issues, research the issue, apply the appropriate standards or criteria to the specific case facts and conclude and recommend a course of action;
- The ability to work independently and manage your own schedule;
- The ability to proactively provide extraordinary client service;
- The ability to supervise and coach staff accountants;
- The ability to manage the workflow of the office to ensure that engagement deadlines are met and issues are addressed proactively.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply in confidence with your cover letter, resume and salary expectations to Jimmy Le-Tang, CPA, CA via the Craigslist email link. No phone calls please. While all applications are greatly appreciated, only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers