DMCL Chartered Professional Accountants is seeking an Accounting and Systems Coordinator to be based in our Downtown Vancouver office. The ideal candidate will have strong technical accounting and computer skills with a desire to learn and contribute to the team.
Main responsibilities include the following:
• Troubleshoot and provide technical support to staff for firm’s practice management software;
• Prepare financial reports for staff and partners;
• Review staff time entries, follow up with staff and correct any errors;
• Backup accounts payable function;
• Manage client and contact database including ensuring the accuracy and completeness of information;
• Prepare and maintain user manuals and provide training for practice management software;
• Manage firm’s cash flow;
• Prepare annual budget for general and administration expenses;
• Prepare annual surveys for international affiliation and government and regulatory bodies;
• Prepare year end working papers;
• Prepare year end partnership and corporate tax returns.
• Completion of a certificate or diploma with an emphasis on accounting;
• Minimum of two years accounting experience, preferably in a professional services environment.
Skills and Personal Attributes:
• Strong working knowledge of computers and software with the ability to quickly grasp new technological tools;
• Strong attention-to-detail with superior organizational and analytical skills;
• Proven troubleshooting and technical support skills;
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment;
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
• Ability to manage time and adhere to strict deadlines;
• Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong focus on client service.
We offer an exceptional opportunity for you to use your skills in a flexible work environment with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
• Standard 35-hour work week;
• Eligible for 4-day work week schedule in the summer;
• Continued professional development;
• Medical, dental, life and long-term disability benefits coverage.