The Thetis Support Facilitator provides support to the Thetis caregivers and the children who live there, in order to ensure an optimum environment for the development of the child. A primary goal of the program is to ensure the long term stability of placement. The Thetis Support Facilitator will provide necessary support to the caregivers to achieve this goal including emergency response after hours.
The Thetis Support Facilitator will treat the caregivers as colleagues and develop a collaborative team approach with them. The Facilitator will support the caregiver to support the child.
The Thetis Support Facilitator will liaise with social workers, schools, counsellors, and other professionals involved in the child's life and ensure an appropriate plan of care is developed and implemented.
The Thetis Support Facilitator will work to facilitate appropriate transition, where desirable, including a return to the home of the family of origin, independent living or other resource. The worker will help the child develop a relationship with the family of origin when appropriate.
Typical Duties Include:
1. Assists with recruiting, assessing, and training the Thetis caregivers.
2. Provides regular in-home support to the family care home including consultation and practical hands on modeling, education, coaching support for caregivers and provides periodic short term relief to the caregiver.
3. Conducts assessment, develops treatment plans, provides counselling for the child as well as working with the caregivers and other professionals to develop a plan of care for the child and ensure its implementation.
4. Facilitates integrated case management.
5. Provides information to the caregiver that facilitates the child’s developmental growth.
6. Collaboratively sets development and training goals with the caregiver.
7. Conducts workshops and provides other educational opportunities for caregivers.
8. Facilitates caregiver group meetings.
9. Maintains thorough and up-to-date case records.
10. Provides 24/7 on call coverage to the Thetis caregivers.
11. Participates in program evaluation as required.
12. Travels to and from appointments.eg MCFD, schools, community therapists, hospitals and caregiver
13. Follows agency policy and procedures.
14. Displays professional and respectful conduct while performing their duties.
15. Meets as required with their immediate supervisor
16. Provides culturally competent and trauma informed services.
17. Other related duties as required.
Academic and Specialized Abilities
• Must possess a Master's degree in Counselling Psychology, Master of Education in Counselling, Psychology, Social Work.
• Minimum 2 years recent related experience.
• Experience and training in working with families, children and youth.
• Willingness and ability to respond to emergency situations in the care home.
• Ability to work as a member of a professional treatment team.
• Ability to provide consultation and support to team members.
• Resourcefulness and ability to contribute to planning and development of programs.
• Knowledge of child development and adolescent development.
• Knowledge of causes, effects and treatment of abuse and neglect.
• Knowledge of group work principles.
• Knowledge of ADHD, PTSD,BPD, OCD, FASD, Autism,child anxiety and depressive disorders
• Knowledge of attachment, anxiety, depression and effects of trauma.
• Must have tact, sound judgment, humour, empathy and the ability to gain the confidence of foster families and children.
• Ability to be organized and to assign work priorities.
• Ability to respond to crisis situations.
• Must have a valid BC Driver's License.
The Children's Foundation is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from minority groups. This position requires maintenance of a satisfactory criminal record check, use of a personal vehicle and union membership.
Please send resume and cover letter attention to Helgi Remmelg via email or fax 778-395-3327 by Sep 30, 2020.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers