QR Code Link to This Post
• between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
• Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.
• International students are not eligible.
• Recent immigrants are eligible if they are Canadian Citizens or permanent residents.
CSJ workers DO NOT need to be full time students going back to full time studies after the work placement.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The CJS Summer Program Assistant will provide administrative support to the Manager of Business Operations at Boys and Girls Clubs’ North Delta Office. The Program Assistant will be often be the first point of contact for program participants and visitors via phone, email, and walk-in. They will welcome participants and connect them to the appropriate program. In addition, the Program Assistant will support a variety of special projects such as organization, filing and storage of documents.
Reporting to the Manager of Business Operations, the CSJ Summer Program Assistant:
• Treats all participants and visitors with respect and dignity.
• Creates a welcoming atmosphere and facilitates appropriate service referrals both internally and externally
• Assists with special projects
• Assists program staff with administrative requests as needed.
• Responds to service inquiries via phone, email, and mail
• Ensures that communications go out to appropriate staff persons
• Informs the Manager of any problems or concerns regarding participants and visitors
• Cooperates and works with administrative staff in carrying out safety/emergency procedures.
Boys and Girls Clubs of South Coast BC is a multi-service agency, and staff are recruited from many fields that are related to community service provision. This position is relevant to youth both in business and social services. Strong communication and organization skills are required to be successful in this position.
• Clean Criminal Record Check (Vulnerable Sector)
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Proficient time and general management skills.
• Experience with databases, computer programs for purposes of word processing, presentations, email, researching the internet etc. (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Microsoft office).
CLOSING DATE: June 6, 2019
HOW TO APPLY
Please email cover letter and resume to:
email@example.com with “CSJ – Summer Program Assistant” in the subject line.
Thank you in advance to all persons who apply for this position. Please note that only those selected for interview will be contacted.