IEM Canada, (Industrial Electric Manufacturing, Inc.) in Langley BC, is the largest independent full-line manufacturer of custom electrical distribution and power quality equipment in North America. This growth position offers an opportunity within a very employee-oriented company offering a competitive salary with excellent benefits, 3 weeks of vacation the first year and choice of work schedules 5 days/8 hours or 4 days/10 hours.
QR Code Link to This Post
• Read and interpret wiring diagrams, process sheets and schematic drawings.
• Complete assembly and wiring of electrical components per drawings.
• Use wire termination and component layout tools including but not limited to strippers, wire cutters, wire crimpers, screwdrivers, tee square, machinist square, tape measure, wrenches and pliers.
• Follow company established practices for wire termination, routing, bundles, wire harnesses and wire numbers.
• Wire complete panels per drawings including back panels and wiring between devices/ components.
• Mount electrical components including circuit breakers, switches, transformers, relays, contactors, terminals, input/output devices and/or all other related switchgear electrical devices.
• Meeting production schedules while maintaining IEM’s strictest quality standards
• Assembly of LV and MV switchgear
• Keep work area clean and organized.
• Keep the supervisor informed of problems, progress and suggestions in a timely manner.
• Adhere to established safety guidelines.
• Independently inspect own work for in process defects to ensure error-free products.
• Mount devices to back panels and enclosures using a variety of methods including drilling and tapping.
• Identify opportunities that provide cost effective alternative methods to process and materials.
• Keep red-lines of any drawing changes required during manufacturing and turn in to supervisor upon their request.
• Perform other duties which may be required by supervisor.
• High School Diploma
• 3 + years experience in assembling and wiring electrical panels, back pans, doors, etc.
• Ability to interpret drawings, work independently
• Mechanical aptitude
• Ability to work quickly with your hands while maintaining accuracy and high quality
• Strong work ethic and motivation to learn
• Working flexible shifts as required (which may include weekends, evenings and statutory holidays)
• Must be a team player
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.