compensation: Based on experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
WANTED: Shipper based in Surrey, BC (Port Kells area)
We are recognized as a North American leader in the design and manufacture of valves for emission systems, diesel engine brakes, and exhaust brakes servicing the diesel industry.
We are seeking a Shipper to join our team. This person will also be back-up receiver and assembler/packager as needed.
Responsibilities and Duties (Included but is not limited to):
• Order picking, packaging, shrink wrapping and strapping skids
• Pack goods to be shipped with appropriate packing slips
• Schedule and coordinate shipments
• Prepare shipping documents(bill of lading, cross border shipping, advance shipping notices, Customs B3)
• Filling and shipping orders accurately and on time
• Stage finished product for loading
• Loading and off loading of shipments with forklift
• Working with shipping companies and courier companies to get competitive shipping rates
• Assembling, cleaning and testing parts
• Packaging various parts
• Receiving incoming product
• Proper communication with other staff members and management
• Maintaining general area cleanliness and organization
• 1-2 years shipping experience required
• Have forklift experience
• First Aid Level 2 could be an asset
• Experience with customs, duties and tariffs would be considered an asset
• Must be capable of heavy lifting as needed (up to 50 lbs)
• Reliable and highly organized with a high degree of accuracy and extreme attention to detail
• Must be computer literate (i.e. Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel)
• Effective time management skills with the ability to multi-task
• Ability to work well individually and in a team environment
• Strong sense of urgency and ability to follow-up with minimal supervision
• Good communication skills (written and verbal)
• Must have legible handwriting
• Strong work ethics and motivation
• Upbeat, positive and friendly demeanor
Standard hours of work are Monday – Friday, 7:30 to 4:00 pm, however, additional hours may be required from time to time. Position is full-time with benefits (after 3 months).
If your credentials match the above requirements and you have the dedication and experience to fill this role, please submit your resume via email (as a Word document or PDF file).
Please include the job title and website (i.e. Shipper – Craigslist) in the subject line, along with salary expectations and availability as position is available immediately.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers