compensation: based on experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
IEM Canada, Industrial Electric Mfg. (Canada), Inc., was formed in 2007. IEM is the largest independent full-line manufacturer of custom electrical distribution and power quality equipment in North America. This position offers an opportunity with a very employee-oriented company with competitive compensation and excellent benefits; 3 weeks of vacation the first year and choice of work schedules 5 days/8 hours or 4 days/10 hours.
• Read, interpret and follow basic diagrams, engineering drawings, specifications, bills of materials, and other instructions or procedures to accurately fabricate and assemble materials and equipment.
• Set up and operate fabricating machines, such as press brakes, rolls, punch press, shears, cutters, grinders, and drill presses, to bend, cut, form, punch, drill, or otherwise form and assemble metal components.
• Use multiple measuring devices such as scales, feeler gauges, rulers, micrometers, calipers tee square, machinist square and tape measure to accurately and precisely perform work.
• Punch, jig or perform layout of enclosure doors or enclosures.
• Fabricate, modify and/or install various metallic or non-metallic items and components.
• Fabricate and install bus bar sections per drawings or instructions.
• Perform metal corrections and touch-up painting as directed.
• Install and/or modify various metallic or non-metallic items and components.
• Comply with all safety, quality and work rules, guidelines and regulations.
• Set up, operate and maintain production tools and equipment.
• Keep the supervisor informed of problems, progress and suggestions in a timely manner.
• Maintain a safe and clean work environment at all times.
• Identify opportunities that provide cost effective alternative methods to process and materials.
• Keep red-lines and markups of any drawing changes required during manufacturing and turn in to supervisor upon their request.
• Perform other duties which may be required by supervisor.
• High School Diploma
• 3 + years of experience in a metal fabrication shop using mechanical equipment.
• Ability to interpret drawings, work independently
• Mechanical aptitude
• Ability to work quickly with your hands while maintaining accuracy and high quality
• Strong work ethic and motivation to learn
• Working flexible shifts as required (which may include weekends, evenings and statutory holidays)
• Must be a team player
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers