compensation: To be discussed commensurate with experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
We are a boutique South Surrey law firm looking to add a Legal Administrative Assistant. The ideal Candidate will be required to fulfill the following:
Primary Duties Include:
- Performing full clerical, administrative, organizational and general office duties
- Following proper file opening and closure procedures
- Setting up and maintaining filing and bring forward systems
- Meeting with clients, attending to client requests and general client care
- Initiating and responding to telephone and written inquires from clients, ICBC, defence counsel, medical professionals, experts, and investigators
- Ordering police reports, Motor Vehicle searches, ICBC FOI packages, transcripts, and attending to Defence Requests for records
- Arranging appointments, medical assessments, Examinations for Discovery and trial dates
- Preparing and modifying a variety of legal documents including but not limited to: Notices of Civil Claim, Bills of Costs, Lists of Documents.
- Full preparation for Examinations for Discovery, mediation and/or trials
- Preparing fee accounts and disbursements
- Other administrative duties and general office maintenance as required
- covering reception when required
- Legal Administrative Assistant Certificate
- Experience in Plaintiff Personal Injury, Civil Litigation, Immigration, Conveyancing, Wills and Estates
- Strong word processing skills including superior accuracy and proofreading
- Excellent English oral and communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Word, PC Law and Outlook
- Ability to work well independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills, with the ability to pay attention to detail in a fast-paced work environment
Working hours are from Monday to Friday from 9:00am to 5:30pm.
To apply please reply to this email with your cover letter, resume, references and salary expectations. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please only apply if you have the experience necessary!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers