We are a staffing agency that sources and dispatches supplemental workers to the construction industry with an extensive database of qualified workers of all skill levels, from general to ticketed skilled trades.
Framing carpenters build, and repair structures made of wood or wood products. They typically begin work early in a project, constructing what becomes the framework for the rest of the building. Framing carpenters are part of the larger profession of carpentry and are often simply referred to as carpenters. Their work on a project may include more than the basic frame of the building. Other components needed in construction may also be built by framing carpenters.
Duties and responsibilities
· Work on new construction, remodels or additions to existing structures
· Precisely measure, cut and assemble the framing lumber needed to build residential, commercial or industrial buildings
· Can decipher a set of plans -- typically blueprints – to guide you in constructing a project
· work on bridges as well as steel or concrete structures
· Build scaffolds
· Frame interior walls or construct forms into which concrete is poured
· You often must travel between several job sites, which may be separated by long distances
· OFA 2/3 ticket required.
· Must understand math functions and calculations involving fractions. Framing carpenters work from sets of blueprints and must know how to read and interpret them. Building codes, on-the-job safety and basic first aid are types of skills taught through school or apprenticeship programs
· Must have own tools such as; level, tape measure, hammer, drill, etc.
· Means of reliable transportation
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience
· Peak periods may require overtime hours
· May be required to work mainly indoors or outdoors or both depending on the assignment
· May have to use power tools
· Safety sensitive position
· Personal protection equipment required
· squatting, crawling, and climbing
· Must be able to lift and carry heavy objects, such as framing lumber, sheets of plywood and other building materials
Walk-ins start at 5:45 AM. For inquires please call or text at 778 716 2890.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Casual, Permanent
Salary: $25.00 to $27.00 /hour
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers