compensation: base salary + commission + Full benefits once on full time employment type: part-time internship
QR Code Link to This Post
This won't sound like a real job. Don't freak out.
Are you an Athlete, Customer Service Superstar, Classically trained dancer, UN-classically trained dancer, Restaurant Host/Hostess, Barista, Public Speaker, Musician, Theatre Geek, Amateur Filmmaker, Personal Trainer, Camp Counselor, Majored in Changing Your Major, or if you are just really good at hosting house parties...
Then this may be perfect for you.
Bottom Line: We believe that you don't have to trade in your passion for a cubicle.
Careful----- > Here comes the sales pitch:
We are looking for "people skilled" people to become Dance Instructors.
Dance experience is great, but not a requirement. We have a Training Camp to take care of the dance stuff. We are looking for dynamic communicators, people-skilled dynamos, and the life-of-the-party types to turn into dance teachers.
Translation: We are experts at dance instruction and even bigger experts at helping people make that into a career and we are looking for "people experts" to teach.
Please note, this is a horrible job if you prefer:
Very limited physical contact
A traditional 9 to 5
Here's the Process:
1. Email us and attach your regular work resume - even if it's more "Barista-ish" than "Dancey"
2. From there, we bring in the best "people-people" for interviews.
3. For all of those selected, we immerse them in a comfort zone altering training camp
4. When ready, we transition them from part-time trainees into full-time dance instructors.... really.
WHAT WE TEACH:
Through the training program, you'll learn how to dance the Tango, Swing, Salsa, Samba, and everything else you may have seen on TV.
We also develop the teaching, service, and communication skills to transform our candidates from dancers to professional teachers.
Our company (Arthur Murray) has been teaching the world to dance since 1912. There are nearly 300 locations all over the globe, and you have a chance to be part of one of the most legendary Arthur Murray dance studios in the company.
So if you're sick of:
the cubicle jungle
the khaki jungle
the food service jungle
If you would like:
a new identity
a new challenge
some next-level social skills...
We just might be the perfect job for you.
We have all the perks of a creative dance job, but with the security of:
Possible Full Time when your training is completed
Oh... and great dance moves
IMPORTANT NOTES (please read):
1. Triple Check your inbox- Our reply could end up in your spam/promotions tab. Don't let your inbox stop you from this opportunity. =)
3. We are a real business. Established in 1912, Arthur Murray has locations on 6 continents around the world and you just happen to be applying to one of the top locations on Earth. (You can check us out at Arthur Murray live dot com)
4. Thanks for reading! We understand that you probably didn't set out on your job search to find a ballroom dance teaching job... but, just like your favorite superhero origins story, sometimes a catalyst comes along that reveals what you were truly destined to become.
Remember... "The road to a thousand dance floors begins with a single step!" So send over your resume and maybe this can be the first step toward an exciting new career.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
Dance: 1 year (Preferred)
White Rock, BC
Paid time off
Professional development assistance
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
Feel free to visit our our website
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers