Well built ferro cement and thick epoxy covered ketch built in La Habra California shipyard. Completed 1984. Well equipped and ready for offshore use. Great live aboard.
Asking $110,000 Canadian.
-Home Port: British Columbia licensed vessel.
-Tonnage: 39 GRT Esr@22 tons displacement.
-Builder: Doran Schafer La Habra California
-Estimated Speed of Vessel: 7 knots
-LOA: 57' BEAM: 14'9" LWL: 43' DRAFT: 7'
-Construction: Ferro cement with heavy epoxy barrier coating. Done very nicely.
-Thru-Hull Fittings: Bronze below the waterline
-Seacocks: Bronze barrel type
- Machinery type: inline 6 Cyl
- Engine Make: Hanomag 110 HP
- Engine Hours: ~ 1500 meter Approx age: 1984
- Exhaust Material: Neoprene water-lift
- Type of Cooling: Fresh water cooled via heat exchanger.
- Shafting: 2.25 stainless steel tail shaft off steel intermediate to coupler
- Bearings: Neoprene cutless Stuffing Box: Bronze packing type
- Propellers: 3 blade bronze LH 24x20
FUEL TANKS and SYSTEM
- Location of tanks: integral tanks, 2 aft tanks, 1 amidships tank, and 1 keel tank.
- Capacity: 500 USG
- Fuel Lines Material: Neoprene -Vented overboard: yes
- Shut Off Valves: yes
- Fuel Pumps: 2
- Fuel system has a day tank located in the Engine compartment aft. Day tank holds ~ 8 gallons of fuel which the engine and generator draw from. The day tank has limit switches both top and bottom. Fuel pumps only run when the day tank fuel level drops to lower limit switch. The day tank fills to the top reaching the upper limit switch shutting the fuel pump off. System prolongs the life of the fuel pumps.
- At ~7 knots fuel consumption is about 1 gallon per hour.
- Auxiliary Generator: Kohler 12.5 KW fresh water cooled 355 on meter
- Electrical Wiring Material: Insulated copper strand to SVR's.
- Overload Protection: Breakers and fuses
- Master Switch-Type: Marine Vapour x3 -Location: Wheelhouse
- Batteries: 4xGolf cart type deep cycle(house), 2x8D(starting) - Volts: 12vdc
-Location: engine room
- 4xdeepcycle house Batteries were newly replaced June 2016
- Secured: Yes - Covered: Yes -Vented: Yes
- battery Charging System: Engine Alternator, truecharge 40 amp
- also a separate sailing alternator and belt off prop shaft.
- Stove: Princess 3 burner and oven _Fuel Type: 220/115 AC
- Water Heater: Seaward 6 gallon
- Refrigeration: 12vdc compressor to freezer plates.
- Heating: Domestic AC heaters off generator
- Marine Heads: Raritan manual system forward and LectraSan aft.
- VHF: Cybernet VHF
- GPS: Handheld
- Sounder: Apelco
- Radar: Raytheon 2600
- Other: Wood Freeman autopilot
- Compass Type: Ritchie Power Damp magnetic x2
- Size: 5" Deviation card: No
- Running lights: Meets the Collision Regulations
- Sound Signaling Device: Handheld and have whistle built in but not presently hooked up.
- Type: soft bottom inflateable boat hypalon Achilles
- Motor: Evinrude Outboard 3 HP
- Approx Value: Boat $1000/ Motor $500
- The Serenity also carries a DBC 4 man Liferaft with "A"pack
- has an Epirb
- Fire Fighting Equipment: #5 drychem galley
#5 drychem Helm
Halon 1301 #10 Engine room
#5 drychem forward berth
- Boat comes well equipped with tools. Tools purchased and used for specific repairs.
- Forward rope/equipment locker is loaded with hardware, extra sail, rope, power cords etc
- galley is fully stocked with plates, cups , bowls, utensils, cooking pots, and frypans.
- galley has a microwave oven fixed to the ceiling.
- vessel plans and manuals of all equipment are categorized in 3 ring binders.
- vessel systems such as ships electrical, fuel, water piping etc are all drawn out.
- all systems are easily repaired and not complicated.
- lots of keyhole lifejackets with salt water activated lighting/whistles
- boat comes with fully stocked medical supplies in 2 drawers in the main stateroom. The boat was being prepared for a trip to Hawaii at one point so there is a lot of supplies in storage in the boat.
- the wheelhouse comes with a lot of charts and equipment for chart work such as parallel rules, dividers etc. in cabinet under the chart table.
- boat has a lot of spare electrical parts, fuses, breakers, connectors etc. in the wheelhouse.
- boat has custom made cushions to fit the outer deck seating.
- boat has a custom made canvas boatcover.
- large shower.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers