compensation: Starting Rate depended on experience, benefits after 3 month probation period employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Junior Accounting Clerk – Job Description
President, Service Manager, Sales & Marketing Manager
The Accounting Clerk will be responsible for the performance of a variety of duties from backroom calculations to front desk customer service. Responsibilities will include posting the day's receipts, filing and tallying deposits, coding, totaling, batching, entering, verifying and reconciling transactions such as accounts payable and receivable, purchase orders and invoicing. Other responsibilities will include related clerical duties, such as word processing, maintaining filing and record systems, emailing and photocopying. Familiarity with the Commercial Transport Industry would be a great asset.
• Customer Focus
• Quality Orientation
• Problem Solving
• Energy & Stress
• Accountability and Dependability
• Team Work
• Operating Equipment
• Ethics and Integrity
• Checks other people's work to make sure that their final figures are correct, noting errors and the causes of any miscalculations.
• Computer Software: SAGE, Microsoft office
• Provides customer service, accepting payments or providing refunds.
• Contacts individuals with delinquent accounts.
• Code, total, batch, enter, verify and reconcile transactions such as accounts payable and receivable, payroll, purchase orders, invoices.
• DSR (Daily Sales Report) and DPR (Daily Purchase Report).
• Responds to customer inquiries, maintains good customer relations and solves problems.
• Performs related clerical duties, such as word processing, maintaining filing and record systems, emailing and photocopying.
• Stay current with all regulations, practices, tax laws, reporting requirements.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Background in Accounting required
• Minimum 5 years working experience in accounting required
• Knowledge of accepted accounting rules, practices, tax laws, and reporting requirements
• Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization
• Computer literate, including effective working skills of SAGE Simply Accounting, MS Word, Excel and e-mail
• Ability to adapt to and learn new software
• Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently
• High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts
• Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines
• Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
• Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
• Attention to detail in all areas of work
• High level of personal integrity
• Strong work ethic
• Confident, consistent, decisive personality
• Attendance at Staff Meetings
• Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
• Overtime may be required
• Lifting or moving up to 10 lbs may be required
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities