compensation: Salary to be negotiated / dependant on experience. Full benefits and profit-share after 3 months. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Growing legacy railway contractor company has an opening for an experienced and motivated financial controller at their head office in Cloverdale, British Columbia. With over 30 years in the industry, ours is a fast-paced and exciting business, focused on entrepreneurial advancement that specializes in providing new and renewable track materials and supply chain logistics to rail companies within Canada as well as internationally.
Ideally we are looking for a vibrant “hands-on” person, who can successfully handle a variety of different tasks to contribute to the overall success and growth of the company. This role reports directly to upper management and works closely with all department heads in addition to the CEO and President.
In this role, you would lead our company’s financial department and facilitate the growth of the business. You will be required to have a proven track record of identifying and articulating future company needs, planning and forecasting to meet those needs, while creating an atmosphere that allows employees to flourish and are incentivized to succeed.
Preference will be given to a strong, organized, dedicated, flexible and forward-thinking individual with a high level of integrity. Ideally, a “go-to” person that is not only analytical and inquisitive, but also is very comfortable performing a wide variety of tasks. Must be a team player as well as someone who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done. Our company is a smaller, close-knit group, so it is very important to enjoy working within a team environment and be very comfortable in completely immersing one’s self in the operation of the day-to-day responsibilities for the company.
- Management of all aspects of financial operations, including general ledger, record keeping, financial reporting, loan compliance, audits, cash management, internal management reports, variance analysis, monitoring key performance indicators, forecasts, capital expenditures, and other special projects as required
- Providing leadership and direction in all aspects of the accounting program
- Monitoring and analyzing monthly operation results against forecast / budget
- Working closely with Sales / Supply Chain Management to ensure targets are being met
- Ensuring appropriate systems and internal controls are developed and maintained
- Overseeing and coordinating the preparation of financial statements, summaries, and other cost/benefit analyses as well as financial management reports
- Analyzing and advising on revenue, expenses and balance sheet reporting
- Developing and documenting business processes and accounting policies to strengthen internal controls and manage risk
- Exemplifying accountability for the team, offering training and providing ongoing feedback
- Acting as a trusted advisor, providing leadership to all members within the organization
Skills and Qualifications:
- Accredited professional accounting certificate / designation (CPA / CA / CGA / CMA) with a minimum 5 years as a CFO / Controller / financial manager (Job costing experience would be considered as asset)
- Strong business acumen with a clear understanding of financial planning and control, risk management and cash flow
- Powerful leadership and interpersonal skills; strong analytical problem solving abilities, planning, and project management skills; and the ability to proactively identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Ability to accurately processes monthly financial data in a timely manner, as well as concise preparation of monthly financial statements, cash control and payroll fulfillment
- Decisive performance with billings, collections, accounts payable and accounts receivable, including aging AR, billings, and weekly reporting
- Has demonstrated a proactive leadership background with the ability to communicate financial information and influence positive change
- Epitomizing trust and integrity, encourages engagement and acts strategically
- Proficient in the use of standard accounting software, including all Microsoft Office Suite products
This position would be best suited for a strong, independent self-starter and natural leader, who continually searches for ways to improve and sustain the business well into the future. If you feel you have the demonstrated background and are interested in learning more about this career opportunity, please reply via email to this ad with a copy of your latest resume / CV.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers