compensation: Very Competitive. Based on Experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Accounting / Bookkeeper / Office Manager
Peninsula Wall & Ceiling Ltd. Is a reputable and well established contractor with over 15 years in the Wall and Ceiling sector of Vancouver’s busy construction industry.
We are currently looking for a fulltime experienced bookkeeping administration professional with experience working for a contractor in the construction industry to join our team in our Surrey Office.
Office Management and Administration
• Provide reception for the office in a courteous and professional manner
• Responsible for managing office requirements on a day to day basis sorting emails/mail, answering phones, ordering stationary
• Administration for office and other team members, create reports, clerical support
• Organizing packing slips and receipts
• Inventory management
• Administrative support to other team members
Bookkeeping and Accounting
• Accounts payable – supplier / vendor data entry, vendor payments
• Accounts receivable – invoicing clients, collections and reconciliations
• Full cycle bookkeeping using Sage 50
• GST reconciliation and remittances
• WCB reconciliation and remittances
• Monthly credit card and gas card reconciliation and payments
• Bi Weekly payroll for employees and subcontractors
• Filing various ledgers, records and reports
• Organizing, balancing and completing year end for accountants submittal
• Online banking and financial liasing with company bank manager and company accountant
Qualifications / Education / Skills
• Certificate in Payroll, Bookkeeping or Accounting would be an asset
• Must be extremely well versed in Sage 50, QuickBooks, Simply accounting
• Minimum 2 years experience in a similar roll
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Outlook, Excel
• Effective in prioritizing tasks and completing them with efficiency and accuracy
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work independently as well as collaborate with the rest of the team members
• Technologically savvy with the ability to use most computers, phone systems tablets, printers and photocopiers
• Independently driven, flexible and willing to learn new skills
• Knowledge and understanding of basic BC employment rules and regulations
This is a very busy position in our office that requires particular skillset requiring strong time management a focus on detail and the ability to work well with the rest of the team in order to run a smooth and effective office.
If you feel you have the skills and abilities to apply for this position we offer very competitive wages based on experience. Paid vacation including the first year. Extended Christmas vacation.
We are looking to start this position full time between January and March with 2-3 weeks of part time training prior too.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers