QR Code Link to This Post
ContainerWest Manufacturing is looking for a technically competent, hard-working individual to be part of our production team and to assist with the weld fabricated structures and portable steel buildings. This position will focus on shipping container based enclosures and is available immediately at our fabrication shop on Mitchell Island in Richmond.
This is a dynamic position offering excellent variety and a high level of responsibility. Work includes the traditional fabricating shop duties such as fit up, prep, cutting and welding, but also offers opportunities to contribute in other departments such as carpentry, paint and electrical.
Duties will include sanding, masking, painting (spray and brush), installing components such as louvres, air conditioners and doors, and assisting with carpentry or welding. There may be opportunities to weld thicker structural material.
- Knowledge in MIG (GMAW) welding
- Good cutting/fitting skills
- B ticket (will consider C ticket with good experience)
- Desire to learn
- Demonstrate good quality and work pace
- Flux core (FCAW) experience or CWB ticket is an asset.
- Installer or manufacturing experience is preferred
- Level 1 first aid is an asset
ContainerWest has been selling and renting containers since 1977, and we are also the leading container based building provider in Western Canada. The manufacturing plant, design department and sales are all based in Richmond, BC. ContainerWest is a lean organization and everyone is expected to do their share of hard work, share information, be reliable, be open to new methods and be motivated by the team’s success.
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: Fabrication: 1 year (Preferred)
How to Apply:
- To apply for this position, please submit your resume to email@example.com
- Please include in the email subject line: YOUR NAME - POSITION
Thanks for your interest. We will review your submission and get back to you.