compensation: Competitive Wages, Varies On Experience employment type: contract
QR Code Link to This Post
Queen Charlotte Lodge Ltd. is currently seeking a contract Lodge Accountant for the 2020 season. We are searching for a detail oriented and organized professional willing to develop his/her career. You will be an excellent communicator, be computer literate and able to multi-task while meeting all assigned deadlines. You are comfortable working independently and as part of a team. You bring a positive attitude along with a willingness to learn.
As part of the role, the lodge accountant will be required to relocate during the months of May to September to our on-site lodge operation in the Haida Gwaii. Further information will be provided to the selected candidate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Check-in and check-out of Lodge Guests.
- Process credit card transactions and close off daily Point of Sales transactions
- Prepare and reconcile daily transactions in Excel and validate the daily information to ensure accuracy.
- Prepare cost and management reports relating to daily / trip lodge activity and transactions.
- Manage and reconcile staff tip-out process.
In addition to the above, on-site duties would include:
- Reconciliation of lodge management systems, including hardware
- Management reporting packages
- Guest Billings
- Inventory control
- Cash management
Skills / Requirements:
- 2 + years of accounting experience
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in Accounting or Related field preferred
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Word, Excel and Outlook
- Working knowledge of InnSource & Squirrel is an asset
We offer our employees a competitive salary, and a fun working environment. This is a Fixed Term employment contract for the period starting May 2020 and ending September 2020.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers