- Do you have access to the internet and a safe computer?
- Are you a woman who is taking steps to separate from an abusive partner, or who is separated from an abusive partner?
- Are you 19 years of age or older?
- Do you live in - Do you live in Vancouver, Burnaby, New Westminster, Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam or Port Moody?
If so, you are invited to take part in a national study testing whether a new program can help improve women’s life quality, health and safety when they have experienced partner abuse. Eligible participants will:
-Receive up to 4 gift cards in compensation for their time
-Complete 4 confidential online surveys over 18 months
-Be assigned by chance to one of two study options to help them deal with their health and other challenges:
1. Over a 6 month period, women will meet with a nurse who is trained to support women who have experienced violence,
2. Women will be sent information about local services and resources to help them access help and support
This study is a partnership of Western University and the Universities of British Columbia and New Brunswick. The study is funded by the Public Health Agency of Canada.
For more details, or to sign up, please visit our study website at ihealstudy.ca
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers