compensation: Compensation will be consistent with work experience and education and above minimum wage. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
TITLE: Mineral Technician
LOCATION: Maple Ridge, BC
You are a hard worker with attention to detail, able to keep good records and carry out several tasks during a work day.
The mineral technician carries out routine sample preparation and mineral separation work for further mineral analysis.
• Carries out basic sample preparation techniques including riffle splitting, homogenizing, milling and wet screening.
• Plans, and organizes lab work to maximize time efficiency and complete tasks proficiently.
• Records and maintains all test results.
• Creates and maintains a safe working environment by being knowledgeable, competent and
committed to health, safety and welfare in the workplace.
• Position may require travel in order to assist other domestic and international sites and clients. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and levels of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
• Work is performed in a laboratory setting.
• Health and Safety guidelines as directed by the Worksafe BC are to be followed.
• Regular work hours are from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Monday to Friday with a half hour unpaid lunch - additional hours and or shifts may be necessary and are expected only when necessary.
TRAINING AND SKILLS:
• Competent written and verbal communication skills.
• Organized and capable of handling large volumes of samples and data.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• High School Diploma or College diploma in Geology or related field is an asset.
Please provide a resume with accompanying covering letter.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers