Why clean Roof and remove Moss?
1. Moss can raise shingles (much like a jack under a car). It allows water to get in, and that leads to wood rotting underneath shingles. Pretty soon, you have a roof leak that can be expensive to fix.
2. Moss lets more debris get trapped on roof. This debris promotes water buildup which makes roof at risk of much more rotting / leaking.
3. Moss can actually damage asphalt shingle components leaving it to break down faster.
Why clean Gutters regularly?
1. Pooling of stagnant water causing plants and mosquitoes to thrive.
2. Black mold staining both interior and exterior of eaves systems.
3. Excessive overflow could flood areas of home causing preventable damage.
4. Surplus of decomposed materials could cause gutters to sag and bend. (maybe even fall!)